Egnater Tweaker... What a cool little amp!

colejustesen

• Members

So I decided to get a Tweaker 15 head the other day so that I can achieve some cleaner tones and bluesy sounds... It does exactly what its name implies thumb.gif

20121206_214842.jpg

I know this isn't anything to new that we haven't already seen on this forum, but I just wanted to say that I am really digging this little guy!

I decided to try and run my pedal board setup through it to see how it took pedals. I was pleasantly surprised at how thick the amp sounds. I have it setup for Vintage, USA, Deep, and Normal on the toggle switches with the treble at 1 o'clock, the mids at 11 o'clock and the bass at 4 o'clock. The master has been staying around noon and the gain around noon to 1 o'clock. This gives me a great base for some cool cleans tones, but I discovered that with my Cool Cat Drive and Pro Tone Thruster that it handles pedals up front well!

20121013_183138.jpg

Anyway, I decided to record a quick little clip of Incubus' "Wish You Were Here" because I thought the feel and tone sounded reminiscent of the song...

Here is that clip...
http://www.tonefinder.com/files/4113...%20Tweaker.mp3

What a great sounding little amp!!! I am totally glad I got it, and thanks to everyone who confirmed that it would do what I was looking for wave.gif

Cole

• Members

I really like the fact that it isn't too loud! It can be too loud for bedroom rocking, but it is a lot more controllable. My Marshall is LOUD [though every Marshall should be - right biggrin.gif] and it sometimes is overkill, but it sounds soooo damn good!

I am really digging the tweaker, and with the setup I mentioned above, I found it to be just loud enough!

Cole

Archived