Numero Nuno

soundgardener75

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75 View Post
Mutha still kicks ass, especially that intro solo Nuno's doing. Totally_jammin_out.gif
I always did wonder how Nuno got writing credits for Mutha on the first album, when it was written and recorded 4 years before Extreme formed with Nuno as the guitar player ?!?!?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by superflyinmonke View Post
The word you're looking for is influential. Influential.

I have actually never heard much of these guys. Really just the songs that I've heard on here. He's definitely a sick player, but I'm not really getting into any of the songs.
Holy shyt, did you REALLY correct my grammer on HCAF? For real? - It was a typo, il try to remember that next time mr internet grammer icon_lol.gif

BTW they do have some cheesy songs (for sure) but they are also very different tunes and thats what i like about them, Gary Cherone's 'antics' are sometimes over the top but hes got a pretty good voice, some nice harmonies, tight rhythm section, again i like em because they are a lil different with some 'funk' mixed in with them

This song is good, but the video give me a headache icon_lol.gif

Thats Mike Mangini on drums RIPPING {censored} UPPPP love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeBill View Post
I always did wonder how Nuno got writing credits for Mutha on the first album, when it was written and recorded 4 years before Extreme formed with Nuno as the guitar player ?!?!?

Wtf icon_lol.gif

They must've paid off those dudes then. As you already know, the one with Betterncourt sounds WAY better than this atrocity. icon_lol.gif

• Members
Here are some little known factoids that you may or may not find interesting:

This video was filmed at Malden High School. A flyer went out for "extras" to appear in the video. At the end of the video when everyone pours out of the school and marches down the street, yours truly is in the audience!! You know who else was there? Nuno!

A reminder that just because you read something on the Internet doesn't make it true. From Wikipedia, "In 1985, Cherone and Geary met guitarist Nuno Bettencourt and bassist Pat Badger in an altercation over a dressing room, but the rivals soon became collaborators and shortly after the combined foursome took the name Extreme."

So wrong. icon_lol.gif Gary and Nuno officially first met at the video shoot for Mutha. Nuno eventually convinced Gary to let him join The Dream, and for a short time, there were still two guitar players -- Nuno, and the original Peter Hunt (seen in the video).

Nuno wanted a single guitar band, ala Van Halen -- so he then convinced Gary to fire Peter; leaving him to sole guitar duties. It was just around this time that the band name changed from The Dream to Extreme ("Ex-Dream," get it?)

Pat Badger was playing in a Berklee-based band called In The Pink, whom I was running sound for. Pat auditioned and came into the fold just around the time of the name change/Peter firing.

But I guess "meeting over a fight in a dressing room" sounds so much more ... Rock n Roll?!?!? icon_lol.gif

• Members
Here are some little known factoids that you may or may not find interesting:

This video was filmed at Malden High School. A flyer went out for "extras" to appear in the video. At the end of the video when everyone pours out of the school and marches down the street, yours truly is in the audience!! You know who else was there? Nuno!

A reminder that just because you read something on the Internet doesn't make it true. From Wikipedia, "In 1985, Cherone and Geary met guitarist Nuno Bettencourt and bassist Pat Badger in an altercation over a dressing room, but the rivals soon became collaborators and shortly after the combined foursome took the name Extreme."

So wrong. icon_lol.gif Gary and Nuno officially first met at the video shoot for Mutha. Nuno eventually convinced Gary to let him join The Dream, and for a short time, there were still two guitar players -- Nuno, and the original Peter Hunt (seen in the video).

Nuno wanted a single guitar band, ala Van Halen -- so he then convinced Gary to fire Peter; leaving him to sole guitar duties. It was just around this time that the band name changed from The Dream to Extreme ("Ex-Dream," get it?)

Pat Badger was playing in a Berklee-based band called In The Pink, whom I was running sound for. Pat auditioned and came into the fold just around the time of the name change/Peter firing.

But I guess "meeting over a fight in a dressing room" sounds so much more ... Rock n Roll?!?!? icon_lol.gif
Thanks for the additional info Bill! thumb.gif I started playing guitar back in '90, so Extreme was getting good coverage in guitar mags, and I know that part you mentioned being covered in Guitar For The Practicing Musician, none of this dressing room crap. icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianPOA View Post
Two pages in, and no negative posts from JoJo68's mongoloid stoner metal fanboy ass. I am disappoint.
I patiently await thy n00blet's FAILage any given time. icon_lol.gif

Archived