Im in Eugene Oregon for a couple weeks

NixerX

• Members

There's not much happening, tech-wise, in Eugene. A good friend spent most of the 20+ years he's lived in Eugene (which he likes very much) staying in Portland during the week to have a job in tech. And to be honest, Portland tech employers aren't hurting for candidates... Most of the "Portland" tech jobs seem to be out in the `burbs (Beaverton... ) where the rents are cheaper.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179

View Post

I'd rather live around people who know they're trash, rather than trash that believe they're enlightened. wink.gif

I really don't live in Vancouver proper though, I live in the country up north. It's more bearable.

icon_lol.gif I've got buddies and co-workers that commute down from the 'Couve and farther north. Trust me, there is plenty of {censored} to talk about Portland.....

I really was more interested in coming in and talking {censored} about Eugene.

And honestly, to the OP, I'd have to agree that there isn't much tech in Eugene....Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro are where you'll find those jobs.

• Members

There's also WaferTech and Hewlett Packard in Vancouver.

Nixer- Vancouver is a {censored}hole full of ****** rednecks until you get into the suburbs, then it's like shockingly normal development houses and sweater vests and shopping at the JCPenney Outlet. Up north (where I am) it's all rich Californian expats with mansions where there used to be farms. Downtown is getting less {censored}ty but it's also only about 8 square blocks.

• Members

man it honestly sounds a lot like where I'm coming from the middle of nowhere in the north east. Which is alright with me I don't mind rednecks. Voting platform aside. Just wanted decent job and some good fishing with some cool musician.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NixerX

View Post

man it honestly sounds a lot like where I'm coming from the middle of nowhere in the north east. Which is alright with me I don't mind rednecks. Voting platform aside. Just wanted decent job and some good fishing with some cool musician.

My very good friend is a Eugene native, and there's some fantastic fishing on Blue River and the surrounds. That being said, if you live in the PDX area, there's fishing, hiking, mountains, forests, and beaches all within 3 hours.

• Members

We get snow for MAYBE a week every other year in the town itself. A word of warning though- when we do get snow, everybody loses their {censored}. Nobody knows how to drive in it (And Vancouver doesn't even have snowplows, we had to borrow Portland's a few years back) and stores get mobbed.

Archived