Laney... I Can't Seem to Find a Way to Get a #%$# Footswitch for the VH100R!!

rushtallica

• Members

As I have a VH100, the footswitch wasn't weak, but lord that cable sucked. I thought my footswitch was going in less than a year, I get another under warranty in like 2 weeks, well in the mean time I found another DIN cable to try ($5) and it works like a champ.

Of course that other I cannot find for the life of me now... I think I left it in a styro case at the other guitarist's place.

Derek

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

Just gotta say that my VH100R will be arriving shortly with a footswitch, I am EXCITE!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Be careful with the volume knob as you might be DEAF. MY VH100R gets LOUD fast. I mean boiling paint off of cars at 200 yards loud. I ended up getting a Hot Plate to use with her as she just is LOUD! Before I got that I was told that I need to turn down, no one could hear the drums!

To the OP Black Label Switches makes a lot of footswitches and used to list the FS4 for like $70-80 IIRC.

Okay, there is a VC50 (2x12 combo version of the VH100) that is available locally that I'd love to have. Why not, I mean I barely use my VH100 now that I have my Road King... facepalm.gif Being a Paul Gilbert fanboy & loving the idea of a combo @ my feet as a monitor to push a cabinet I completely WANTED that combo for years! And I just got that 5150 III 50 Watt from Loop!

Derek

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Viesczy

View Post

Be careful with the volume knob as you might be DEAF. MY VH100R gets LOUD fast. I mean boiling paint off of cars at 200 yards loud. I ended up getting a Hot Plate to use with her as she just is LOUD! Before I got that I was told that I need to turn down, no one could hear the drums!

To the OP Black Label Switches makes a lot of footswitches and used to list the FS4 for like $70-80 IIRC.

Okay, there is a VC50 (2x12 combo version of the VH100) that is available locally that I'd love to have. Why not, I mean I barely use my VH100 now that I have my Road King... facepalm.gif Being a Paul Gilbert fanboy & loving the idea of a combo @ my feet as a monitor to push a cabinet I completely WANTED that combo for years! And I just got that 5150 III 50 Watt from Loop!

Derek

I would love a VC50, no joke. I looked but they're elusive. {censored}ing go for it, and congrats if you do thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanic

View Post

one of the loudest amps ever freak.gif

I pulled two tubes and put in yellow jacks (20w)

always wanted to try to find a pair of those TAD 1w adapters for it ...sold it in the end for a JVM

I have a weber attenuator. My VH100R will be here most likely by tomorrow.

I"M {censored}ING EXCITED BITCHES!!!!!!!!!! love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

I would love a VC50, no joke. I looked but they're elusive. {censored}ing go for it, and congrats if you do thumb.gif

OMG you're as bad as the $ spending devil on my shoulder!! BTW that VC50 is an ANCHOR too, 85 lbs + IIRC. Plus that latest MF catalog has the Tweaker 88 on sale for $599.99... LORD! I think I might just run my VH100 tonight to assuage my need for that VC50...

Like I said about the VH100R volume, BEWARE. You saw Back to the Future? Remember that scene where Marty went flying? Not quite as bad, but I swear I could see my Avatar 4x12 "walking" like a washer with an unbalance washload in it the last time I ran my VH100 w/o my Hot Plate! She was barely half way up and I had the cab pointed away from everything just so that she'd not over power the TSL 100 the other guitarist was using.

Quick note, I think she sounds better with 6L6s in her. I currently have E34Ls in her, but the 6L6s give a fuller tone to my ears through my cabs. I never tried her with KT77 or 6CA7s, but when she gets retubed I'm definitely leaning towards trying those out.

Derek

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Viesczy

View Post

OMG you're as bad as the $ spending devil on my shoulder!! BTW that VC50 is an ANCHOR too, 85 lbs + IIRC. Plus that latest MF catalog has the Tweaker 88 on sale for $599.99... LORD! I think I might just run my VH100 tonight to assuage my need for that VC50...

Like I said about the VH100R volume, BEWARE. You saw Back to the Future? Remember that scene where Marty went flying? Not quite as bad, but I swear I could see my Avatar 4x12 "walking" like a washer with an unbalance washload in it the last time I ran my VH100 w/o my Hot Plate! She was barely half way up and I had the cab pointed away from everything just so that she'd not over power the TSL 100 the other guitarist was using.

Quick note, I think she sounds better with 6L6s in her. I currently have E34Ls in her, but the 6L6s give a fuller tone to my ears through my cabs. I never tried her with KT77 or 6CA7s, but when she gets retubed I'm definitely leaning towards trying those out.

Derek

I have the GH50L and I too prefer 6L6 typically, although I recently put KT77's in again after getting CL80 speakers and WOW! Fantastic tube now that I have those speakers. I'm excited to try 6CA7's which will arrive shortly. I tried them once when I had a V30 and an H30 in my cab and they almost stayed in there instead of 6L6, but with these CL80's they might just come out a winner. I imagine they'd be killer because they are essentially a KT77 internally but they have that round bottom of a 6L6, which was about the only quality I felt the KT77's were lacking when I tried them recently. But boy was that whole midrange vocal as {censored} thumb.gif

Archived