NAD (VH100R)

Mike LX-R

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN View Post
So had some more time to play with the amp at high volume last night. With my C# guitar, tone was still kind of muddy. Tweaked the eq a bit but to no real success. I have Dacvtivators in the guitar and they are not as bright as I would like them to be at the lower tuning. I ended up restringing this guitar to 440 to use in my cover band. Once i did that, the Laney sounded godly. 10 band in the loop and it sounded mean as hell. I was running the B channel, brought up the effects level on the front to bring the eq boost into the mix. The tones i was getting made me contemplate starting starting a metal band in standard tuning lol m/
I will say this negative about the VH100R, it doesn't like 7 or 8 string guitars as much as my Mesa, my El Diablos (yes plural and yes I'm serious), my XXX, my 333XL my 5150 III 50 watt. All those amps give better response in lower registers to my ears.

I had my mine fired up last night, volume @ about 75%, my Hotplate absorbing all at the second setting (16 db and the other knob turned to the left) and the VH100 sounded great as always.

I also played through my Laney TT50C as well, she sounded great as well. Okay, the stock speaker is overly bright. I was thinking about her, there **should** be enough space for a 15" in that combo... thoughts/opinions?

Derek

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN View Post
So had some more time to play with the amp at high volume last night. With my C# guitar, tone was still kind of muddy. Tweaked the eq a bit but to no real success. I have Dacvtivators in the guitar and they are not as bright as I would like them to be at the lower tuning. I ended up restringing this guitar to 440 to use in my cover band. Once i did that, the Laney sounded godly. 10 band in the loop and it sounded mean as hell. I was running the B channel, brought up the effects level on the front to bring the eq boost into the mix. The tones i was getting made me contemplate starting starting a metal band in standard tuning lol m/
I will say this negative about the VH100R, it doesn't like 7 or 8 string guitars as much as my Mesa, my El Diablos (yes plural and yes I'm serious), my XXX, my 333XL my 5150 III 50 watt. All those amps give better response in lower registers to my ears.

I had my mine fired up last night, volume @ about 75%, my Hotplate absorbing all at the second setting (16 db and the other knob turned to the left) and the VH100 sounded great as always.

I also played through my Laney TT50C as well, she sounded great as well. Okay, the stock speaker is overly bright. I was thinking about her, there **should** be enough space for a 15" in that combo... thoughts/opinions?

Derek

Archived