OT: SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Yarbicus

• Members

{censored} the Seahawks, right in their asses.

They are the bane of Portland football fans' existence. For some reason, programming executives seem to think that because we live 190 miles and one state away from this team, that we are ardent, loyal supporters of the team. Every Sunday, for as long as I can remember, the Seahawks have been on television in Portland. I'm talking 30 years of terrible football. Some other important NFC game with national appeal is available? Nope, we get the Seahawks. It's a {censored}ing curse.

Any self-respecting Portlander HATES the Seahawks with a passion. Any Portlander who calls themselves a Seahawks fan....is a fair-weather fan, plain and simple.

{censored} the Seahawks. I hope they lose. I want them to lose. A mediocre team with a scumbag coach.....{censored} 'em.

• Members

They are the bane of Portland football fans' existence. For some reason, programming executives seem to think that because we live 190 miles and one state away from this team, that we are ardent, loyal supporters of the team. Every Sunday, for as long as I can remember, the Seahawks have been on television in Portland. I'm talking 30 years of terrible football. Some other important NFC game with national appeal is available? Nope, we get the Seahawks. It's a {censored}ing curse.

Any self-respecting Portlander HATES the Seahawks with a passion. Any Portlander who calls themselves a Seahawks fan....is a fair-weather fan, plain and simple.

{censored} the Seahawks. I hope they lose. I want them to lose. A mediocre team with a scumbag coach.....{censored} 'em.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HottKarl

View Post

Hippies and hipsters don't count.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HottKarl

View Post

Hippies and hipsters don't count.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Keebz

View Post

So, who does a Portlander root for? No Pro or College football teams freak.gifscreen.gif

Oregon is a huge college football state. OSU and UO have a very loyal following from Portland....many, many graduates from those schools reside in Portland. This is very evident on Saturdays during football season....I-5 southbound is a {censored}ing parking lot. Corvallis and Eugene are not far from Portland (1 hour to Corvallis, 1:30 to Eugene.)

As for NFL, we can thank our backwards thinking city and state govt who don't see the value in having Major League level sports in our state (other than the {censored}ing Trailblazers...{censored} them too, BTW.) 20-25 years ago, Oregon had an opportunity for an NFL expansion team....no one was visionary enough to make it happen. Land could've been had cheap in Wilsonville for a stadium that would be full every Sunday (Wilsonville is about 20 miles from Portland and Salem....plus you'd get folks from Eugene, Albany, Corvallis, etc.)

FWIW, Portland has a huge Pittsburgh Steeler following...has for years. Lots of Steeler bars around....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Keebz

View Post

So, who does a Portlander root for? No Pro or College football teams freak.gifscreen.gif

Oregon is a huge college football state. OSU and UO have a very loyal following from Portland....many, many graduates from those schools reside in Portland. This is very evident on Saturdays during football season....I-5 southbound is a {censored}ing parking lot. Corvallis and Eugene are not far from Portland (1 hour to Corvallis, 1:30 to Eugene.)

As for NFL, we can thank our backwards thinking city and state govt who don't see the value in having Major League level sports in our state (other than the {censored}ing Trailblazers...{censored} them too, BTW.) 20-25 years ago, Oregon had an opportunity for an NFL expansion team....no one was visionary enough to make it happen. Land could've been had cheap in Wilsonville for a stadium that would be full every Sunday (Wilsonville is about 20 miles from Portland and Salem....plus you'd get folks from Eugene, Albany, Corvallis, etc.)

FWIW, Portland has a huge Pittsburgh Steeler following...has for years. Lots of Steeler bars around....

Archived