yamaha guitar amplifier gIII series g 100-212 III

carnage87

• Members

Originally posted by ChS

It's a solid state amp, and if it's like my Yamaha from that era it doesn't have a whole lot of gain, maxed out it's like hard rock sort of gain.

yeah anything lower then 10 on the gain doesnt give you enough crunch for metal

• Members

ok so i called yamaha about the manual for my amp. apparrently my amp doesnt even exist!!!

haha awsome i have a magical guitar amp that only i can play and hear lmao. stupid yamaha im never buying anything yamaha again even if its a new model. cause who knows 20 years from now when i still have it and i need something for it they might tell me it doesnt exist and that im insane even though it says yamaha right on the front and back ( i took the face plate off if you think im contradicting myself)

update- ok i just called again as i was typing this and i guess they no longer make the manual for it!

even stupider why stop making manual for your product and take it off your roster as something you made!!!

the least they could do is have it on there web site grrrrrrrr

ok im done ranting...

one last note... {censored} YAMAHA!

• Members

It happens. Don't sweat it too much. I mean how important can the manual be?

Now my VHT has all kinds of buttons on it. SO yeah...they make a short but sweet manual for that describes exactly what is happening when you push the buttons.

But most of your standard bread and butter amps...well you shouldn't really need a manual for them.

Just turn the knobs till it sounds good. If after 3 months, you can't get it to sound good...get rid of it and find something else.

• Members

ah what ever im not to pissed. its just kinda retarded when the company who makes your {censored} tells you they never made that product and dont have a manual for it. but i can go to a 3rd party site and see that they sell the manual right on there site.

i still have to call the distributors and ask about a foot switch though. but ill bet theyll tell me the same thing. this amp damn well better be worth a fortune in about 20 years its still in perfect original condition just needs the foot switch and the manual would be icing on the cake.

its not that i need those things it would just be nice to have the complete package. i guess for bragging rights lol.

annyone know of a good place to find vintage guitar equipment?

• Members

Chances are you can use any footswitch. SOme modern, multi-function amps (more than just channel/reverb switching) have propietary cables, some even use midi.

But yours probably has stanard 1/4" jack or jacks.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

As for the foot switches, that era of amps was LONG before MIDI or fancy switching came into use. You will be able to use a normal foot switch. But there's one thing you should check out.

Turn the amp OFF, and take an ordinary guitar cable and gently insert it into the footswitch jack. At some point you will feel it bump against the internal contact point. There will either be one or two contact points. One when  it is fully inserted for sure - they other MAY be there, when the plug is inserted a little past half-way.

If you only feel the one (fully inserted) contact, then it's a standard footswitch and anything will do. If there are two contact points, it's a tip-ring-sleeve or 'stereo' type footswitch. Looks like this : http://line6.com/support/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-285636-28906/TRS%2520jack.jpg

This is going to be a cheap $20 switch whichever of the two types it may be.

Archived