OT: Any big (muscley) dudes here?

anonymousalien1

• Members

Originally posted by anonymousalien1

Yeah, I realize them dames like the definition.. But I figure, I prety much have no REAL muscle on me... So, I'm gonna bulk until I see fit, then I'm gonna cut. I'm not really trying to be Arnold huge. More like... hmm, Edward Norton in American History X big.

Lol hell yeah, that would be my ideal body as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Power Lift plain and simple. Don't body build Powerlift.

Go for heavier weight with less reps.

Instead of lets say benchpressing 150 lbs for 3 sets of 10 shoot for 250 3 sets of two. Try to lift the most you can in one shot. The heavier weight you lift the bulkier and also stronger you will be. I

• Members

I was 278lbs at 5'10 this time last year. But I was FAT!

I'm down to a muscular 242lbs. My friend is 160lbs, 6'0. We use the same routine except for a few things.

1.) I can lift more on a number of lifts

2.) He doesn't eat enough to put on good muscle or weight

3.) He overtrains.

I lift on Sunday, Tue, Thu. Cardio on off days but nothing on Saturday.

He works arms in between days. WHen I first started lifting I was 132lbs at the same height. He was 150lbs at the same height. You do the math!

If you start reaching plateau's you can switch exercises or go lighter for a few weeks.

• Members

I'm hitting the gym Monday thru saturday, I have a three day split... That's what the personal trainer prescribed to me.. I don't know if that's overtraining or not... Do you think it is? I'll do cardio by playing ball with some of my friends 3 times a week.

---

Or even Christian Bale in Batman Begins... in the special features, in the first documentary, he was talking about how he had to gain tons of weight for Batman, right after doing the Machinist (which, I don't know if you saw... but he was such a twig.. look him up on Google. It's insane)... so he gained tons of weight but he said he gained way too much fat, so then he had to cut back down to the physique he got..

So what I'm saying is, if he can do THAT (from Machinist to Batman Begins), then anything is possible.

• Members

Its only overtraining if you aren't getting anywhere or are taking steps back! :thu:

Be sure to get plenty of protein in your diet too! One thing you want to remember in the gym is intensity + form = results. If you are intense but {censored}ty form you are not going to progress as much as you can AND may end up injured. Same goes for good form, low intensity. Plenty of old men have good form but lift like 10lbs so thats no good either....:D

• Members

Originally posted by guitarded_1

I'm a hard gainer I guess. I can lift and work out like bastard, but I never really get big. I also use whey protein and creatine. Defined, yes. Big, no. I think that I have always had trouble coming to grips with how much I would have to eat to be big. As best I can tell, if you want to get big, you have to eat a superhuman amount of food.

When I was 132lbs I drank a 10,000 calorie sludge weight gainer ever morning for 3 months! I packed on the muscle big time! No such thing as a hard gainer, only those who don't try hard enough!

:thu:

• Members

One gram of protein per pound of body weight, and 3 grams of carbs per pound. You'll also need to crank up your calories. Also do whole muscle lifts like squats, deadlifts, bar curls, military press, bench etc. Creatine also works good.

• Members

Its almost impossible to put on that much mass for the summer, unless u "juice it" :freak: What made u wait so long to decide?

Start with a heavy weight/low rep combo, then add in some Creatine (it does work *if* its quality Creatine) and lots of Protien, you really need to feed the body..

Thats a start..

• Members

Originally posted by ***1776***

Its almost impossible to put on that much mass for the summer, unless u "juice it"
:freak:
What made u wait so long to decide?

Start with a heavy weight/low rep combo, then add in some Creatine (it does work *if* its quality Creatine) and lots of Protien, you really need to feed the body..

Thats a start..

Yeah you won't put on a ton of pound in a month or two, but more like 6 months.

Cheapo creatine works just as brand name, just make sure to drink a ton of water. Actually drink a ton of water, creatine or no creatine!

• Members

Well see the problem is, I started working out Feb. 1st but I was attempting to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time... I did lose fat, but gained very little muscle....I wasn't eating enough either...

so I was suggested to concentrate on bulking... I figure I'm not really fat, I'm kinda what you would call a skinny cat with some fat on him.. so I don't care if I gain a little bit of fat I wanna gain muscle, then I'll cut down the fat.

now I'm eating about 6-7 meals a day (this started yesterday), 3000+ calories ALL clean food, and I feel better already.

honestly tho, It does kind of feel like i wasted all this time since Feb. doing the wrong thing... but it's ok. I'm not gonna give up.

• Members

Originally posted by p4vl

Drink Water, Eat Protien.

DEADLIFT! Seriously, best muscle building exercise ever.

Oh yeah....I LOVE deadlifting. I'm only doing around 315 right now but not too bad from a knee injury just months ago where my leg fell out of my knee socket....three times in 3 months! :(

• Members

Please listen to me. There is some good advice here but I'll add this. I was into bodybuilding for 19 years and got big enough to turn heads, get compliments, etc. Lucky for me I have a fast metabolism and was always cut no matter what my diet was or what I ate. But I do know this-bulking up and cutting back is crap and here's why. You want to build muscle so why add fat and then try to lose it? Use common sense. Just lift hard every time you train. Get a program from somebody who looks like they know what they're doing. Most big guys are willing to help. Train hard, slowly gain muscle, stay cut all the time. The fat will just cover everything up and make you lazy and not motivated.

• Members

i'm 20 and in college and i work out regularly. since january i have been doing a full-body workout on M-W-F which took me about 1.5 hours to do. i've been working out for a couple of years, but i'm not a freak and i'm not huge. however, i'm a lot bigger than my friends, and that's kinda cool. i just started today a split: back, bi's and abs on Monday--chest and tri's on tuesday--legs and abs on wednesday---then repeat on thursday and friday. i've just really gotten into working out and I really enjoy doing it. i've gotten really strong with some decent size. (most of my XL shirts are tight on my arms) i'm about 5'10" 215-and i don't know my body fat %. i drink protein shakes and a little bit of glutamine. it works for me. just be sure you eat enough protein and lots of carbs for energy. :thu:

• Members

SOme good advice that no one seemed to mention is that CARBS are what make you bigger, not protein. Eat a lot of good carbs like oatmeal (the non sweetened stuff, not that {censored} in a packet), whole grain breads only, yams, sweet potatos, pasta and potatos.

Hell, quickest way I know of to gain weight, is to make a huge bowl of pasta right before bed, then whenever you stir awake during the night, eat some of the pasta...

Archived