Peavey 412ms opinions...

Ovid9

• Members

Ok, yeah, my pointless search for a cheap yet decent 4x12 continues. Why? Well, umm, cause.

So, its a mid 90s straight 4x12. Sheffield 1290s. (I know the opinions on these are mixed, I'm sure they'd work for me and if not I could swap a couple at a time for something else and sell them off.)

Dude has stripped the tolex off and stained the wood. As seen here.

Worth $150?

Edit: Since I'm still a noob, it seems many of these are stereo cabs. If I'm running it stereo @ 8ohms...does that mean its only running off 2 speakers? I don't think my Acc150 would work well with a 16ohm cab. Nor my VTM for that matter...though, I might be misremembering there.

• Members

It's well built front loaded cab. Speakers are somewhat bright and roll off bass and overall volume. I guess they are not as sensitive. The switch is 16 ohm mono, 8 stereo per 2 speakers. I have put different speakers in mine and it holds it's own to my other "better" cabs. They sell for $100 all day, $200 max.

• Members

It's well built front loaded cab. Speakers are somewhat bright and roll off bass and overall volume. I guess they are not as sensitive. The switch is 16 ohm mono, 8 stereo per 2 speakers. I have put different speakers in mine and it holds it's own to my other "better" cabs. They sell for $100 all day, $200 max.

*sigh*

So....offer $125? :lol:

• Members

I just realized, I could use my Peavey Special as a ghetto 2x12. If I just get an ABY pedal I could run my ACC150 & VTM in stereo in my basement! GLORIOUS! :love:

:facepalm:

An US made, full-size 4x12, plywood construction with okay speakers for $150? What's not to like?

Nothing, except see above. :lol:

I might contact the dude tomorrow and see if he'll meet me in halfway.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

OK I'm sure that this will seem a silly question to some but I am a bit confused about the mono/stereo feature on the 412MS when paired to a VTM-60. The amp head has ohm choices and from what I can gather is if I want all four speakers to work on the cabinet I need to set it on mono? That means it is rated at 16ohms? So does that mean I need to hook the cabinet to the 16ohm jack on the back of the amp? Any help with this would be most appreciated because I really don't want to fry my speakers! Maybe there is a website with directions?

Archived