Volume pot ina box?

88mm

• Members

been a while since i've wried up switches but if memory serves me this owuld work. it's a basic spdt with mono jacks. blue is negative, red pos, green is the connect between the pot and switch. if it's not right i'm sure somebody will step up and fix it or offer something better. lol.

btw, a buffer of some sort isn't a bad idea. then again i don't know what you plan on doing with this. let me know if it works for you.

• Members

Well I keep the amp with some decent break up and roll the volume on the guitar to clean it up.

I figured I can use the volume knob in a box as kind of a channel switch. so I can set the volume to clean it up and stomp the switch for clean and dirty in stead of having to keep rolling the volume up and down.

• Members

I pretty much did just this, but I omitted the switch, as I use it only when switching guitars, and added a .001mF treble bleed cap from the hot lug on the pot to ground. Radon looks on track. If you don't have an enclosure already, it will be difficult to save a whole lot of money over an EH Signal Pad, which is the commercial version of the same thing. Figure $3 for the pot, $1 for a knob, $4 for two jacks, $3 for a switch, $10 for the enclosure, you're over $20, and have some wiring to do.

• Members

or find a use morley little alligator pedal for like $30-50 at times. set the minimum volume on the knob. and kick the pedal back.

they're fairly sturdy, i used one for 7years. then went with a different pedal because i didn't need the minimum volume availability.

• Members

Some people don't like to roll back the guitar volume. Don't know why. But I'd eliminate the volume pot on the guitar altogether if I were one of those people & go with a volume box of some sort. I can see adding a footswitch for a boost. Why not go with a clean boost pedal?

Archived