Dual Twins

lgc252

• Members

Hi folks. I once saw Jimmy Thackery in Bethesda at the VFW - playing through two Twins (... it was awesome.)

How would you set-up dual amps; do you simply use a Y-cord, a splitter or a DI box and go into both inputs -- or do you come out of the EXT / ADD'L speaker output on the back of one and go into the input of the other?

Just curious.

Thanks

• Members

theres several ways, you definately wouldnt DI them.

Many foot pedals have stereo outs like reverbs and chorus pedals. The chorus usually just invert the wave on the second channel. You can Y jack them. You can plug the 2nd input jack on a fender amp and plug it into the next amp. (thats why they had 2 jacks per channel) You can wire a guitar for stereo and have exck pup going to an amp, you can use a rack unit, you can use an ABY foot pedal. You can mod amps with a line out. You can mod amps to connect to the power amp of another. List can go on depending what you want.

The way I do it at the moment is to use a chorus stereo at the end of my pedal chain, run those two outs into a true stereo rack effects unit, and run that into each amp. I like having a nice stereo chorus for clean chords and slight echo with different slap times on each amp.

Archived