Pedal modification

shredrick

• Members

Ok I'm playing through a triple x head and a B-52 at series bottom. We do alot of covers from the 70's 80's and 90's but am missing that half crackle sound of a plexi or just that overdriven beginning to break up sound. I have a behringer VT-999 and a DOD yjm malmsteen pedal sitting around not doing anything because they both sound like metallic ass through this amp and another one I have. So is there any modification that I can do to either one of these pedals to get that tone of just breakup sound for songs like the rover, fly by night, ect... Oh and can I buy what I need at radio shack down the street? Thanks appreciate any help here

• Members

Ok the Guv 2 I saw a demo on youtube and think that the vox brit boost does a better job than the guv but did like the guv. Anyway I was really fishing to see if anyone would share some knowledge on modifying the pedals I have now and if I can get the parts at radio shack or online.

• Members

The DOD Malmsteen is just a modded DOD 250 overdrive. It's really not meant to be run on it's own. They sound much better combined with a good tube amp. You could probably get a more natural, amp-like sound if you added another 1N4148 diode in series with one of the two in the parallel... ie. two up, one down. That's what I like to do to my Tube Screamers.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/schems/yjm308.GIF

Archived