Jazzmaster Help - Disconnect Rhythm Section Control

boleiro

• Members

I need some help disconnecting the upper rhythm section on my old jazzmaster section. I've had ongoing problems with my guitar sound dying somewhat in tone and output. A local shop said it was the tone control in that upper rhythm section creating a short since it touches wiring or something. it made sense since I could push on the roller tone control and make it cut out and go back to normal. I just want to disconnect it so I don't have to worry about it. I never use it anyway and its sounds so good when it working and so thin when its on the fritz. I've tried cutting the wires to that section, but it persists. Anyone know a fix?

• Members

Take it to someone who knows what they're doing. You shouldnt be cutting wires to anything. If you got a short it needs to be troubbleshot not guessed at to find out why its doing what its doing. Unless the pot is dirty or worn out, I dont see it as the source of the problem. If the pot is loose and is allowing the contacts to touch some place it shouldnt, or you got a flackey switch happening it would more likely be the problem.

If you try it on your own you need a meter and the circuit diagram to test all the individual parts and confirm all the wiring between the parts.

Jazzmasters have some funkey wiring schemes in them and may not make sence to an amatures, this is why I suggest getting someone who knows what they're doing fofore you butcher it up and make a simple problem into a nightmare.

Archived