My First DIY Pedalboard... Help!?

Ditched

• Members

Royce that board looks like a fine piece of furniture. Well done! Gotta get off my ass & do something like this. I don't use but 3 pedals. But I'd like to build something that will also hold guitar cords, stands, straps, condoms, girl's phone numbers, you know. Gig essentials. Now I'm getting ideas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

you might want to get a bicycle chain and a chain link remover tool. all those links can be used to bolt the pedal to the board. just unscrew the factory screws on the pedal, then just screw the other part onto the board itself.

Cyber, I don't mean to be a dolt but could you elaborate a little more? What do you mean by, "then just screw the other part onto the board itself?"

And how do you connect the chain to the pedal? I know I'm being a tard...please excuse:facepalm:.

Thanks.

• Members

I think what he's saying is you use the individual links. Take a link and run a screw thru the hole and into the pedal Then you have a hole at the other end of the link to fasten it to the board. This sounds like a good solution, unless you change pedals often. Then you may end up with holes in the wrong places.

• Members

I had a wooden case/board like that stained one in the 80s but it was just too damned heavy. I eventually ended up burning it in the fireplace I think.

For the power supply, I bought some DOD thing way back when that cost like $150 to run 5 effects. Noisy sonofabitch!

http://www.studio1525.com/catalog/images/FX105-11-18-9-1.JPG

Now they have this hotspot deal that is cheap. Like $20. What an improvement!

I bought a case of coke bottles from sams club once that came in a plastic rack. Sort of a low profile milk crate. I use zip ties to lash the pedals onto it. It's red, but i put gaffer tape on the front of it when I played a money theater gig a while back to black it out.

Sometimes they already make something you can use. :thu:

Archived