DIYers Pedal board build. Need input on an pedal mounting issue

john l

• Members

Carpet tape may be strong enough, but it may also damage the finish when you remove it. What about mounting velcro in the holes that hold the back plate on the pedal? Use one side velcro at the top corners and the other at the bottom corners. Make it long enough to hook together under the board. Another similar idea is to use 1" nylon webbing and a pair of D rings. Much like a motorcycle helmet is attached. Either way, use some neoprene or similar under the pedal. Anything with a bit of give and grip, so the pedal doesn't move around.

• Members

Theres allways at least one of you everywhere. Ill be the first to admit that I dont play frisby with my gear however its all been gigged to hell for years now and surprisingly its still all looking and working great.

In my line of work you take care of your tools and theyll take care of you period. This little rule has served me very well and has worked its way into every area of my life. It doesnt matter if you work with your hands like me or not if you havent gotten the memo on this one... dont worry its been sent.

Having said that Im having some pretty cool results with the riser idea that was brought up but it looks like I'd be better off scrapping this board to incorporate it. So for the time being the out of sight not so out of mind velcro methods going to stay.

• Members

I have become easy on my gear now that I don't drink. Go figure. I started gigging again every weekend since the end of last year and still haven't put a ding on my latest guitar. I know, Murphy's law. Shoulda kept my mouth shut, right?

• Members

Theres allways at least one of you everywhere. Ill be the first to admit that I dont play frisby with my gear however its all been gigged to hell for years now and surprisingly its still all looking and working great.

In my line of work you take care of your tools and theyll take care of you period. This little rule has served me very well and has worked its way into every area of my life. It doesnt matter if you work with your hands like me or not if you havent gotten the memo on this one... dont worry its been sent.

Having said that Im having some pretty cool results with the riser idea that was brought up but it looks like I'd be better off scrapping this board to incorporate it. So for the time being the out of sight not so out of mind velcro methods going to stay.

John , I like to use Velcro Brand ,its the strongest i have found , its better than 3m IMO , if that helps you ...:wave:

Archived