Nice guitars I drove around the block today.

orsino

• Members

Gibson L-130. Due to the depth of the body, these "small" bodied Gibs never cease to amaze me in depth and balance.

Taylor 714 with cedar top. I think this is a revoiced model now. If it isn't, something has changed. This thing had a great bottom end. And resonance? Man, that thing is robably still ringing from the last chord I played on it before hanging it back on the wall. Schwweeeet. Beautiful dark top. Glad I didn't have my Kottke with me because I probably would have traded it on the spot.

Tacoma DM-9...this thing needed a TR adjustment bad. I had to stand on it with my sneaker to play a barre chord. The strings were old too (can you guess where I was today?) but for $600 these things have got the boom of a D-28 yet have a beautiful D-18 woody balance.

I'm going to own one of these some day. (1 3/4 nut too). I'll get out my Meguirer's polish and take the satin right off that baby. Potentially Schweeeeet.

• Members

Originally posted by orsino

Gibson L-130.

Taylor 714 with cedar top.

Tacoma DM-9...

Potentially Schweeeeet.

Allright what kind of Mileage did you get .were they Peppy little sport mofels or of the sedan variaty....

Did ya walk around and kick the Tires.......How did the Horns sound....:D

• Members

ET,

I played an 18 as well today. Equally as good as the 9. Both good values. Tone monsters IMO.

EH, how did you guess?;)

SteveO....unfortunately they all looked pretty kicked around already. They still sang out from under all the dings and pick marks though.:(

• Members

A few months back I went out on a limb and purchased a Tacoma DM10E3 with customized LR Baggs electronics off eBay. The retail with the Baggs option is $1274. The seller advertised it as new in mint condition. It is a 2002 model. I always talk to sellers a couple times to get a "feel" for them and he explained that the neck was way to fat for his small hands. He kept assuring me that it was a great deal. I bid on it in the last minutes and picked it up for $540. When I received it, I couldn't help but giggle. The thing looked like it was sent straight from the Tacoma factory to my house! It was absoulutely mint, case & all. As soon as I opened the case, I was knocked over by the smell of premium Mahogany. I got an all-solid wood, made in the USA, nicely trimmed, sweet sounding, gorgeous guitar for very little. I don't see how I could have done better. I was trying to get a Taylor 310 for months, but they always hit the $600+ range and are actually a bit Spartan compared to my Tacoma. I have played them side by side and it's a good showdown. They both have that bright, woody tone that I love. I have never regretted this purchase.

'Mo

• Members

I was in my local guitar abuse center too- they had a new Ramirez electric/acoustic nylon cutaway and this guy really wanted to sell it. Quoted me 1500 out the door (no case). This guitar lists for 3G. That's the best deal I've seen. Now, if I can find someone to buy my Taylor NS72ce.....no, I think I'll save up for a 1A.:)

• Members

Don't mean to turn this into a GC bashing thread, but I just have to share with you my discussion with the salesperson about Taylors. I was just making chit-chat really and asked him if the 714 was revoiced. He said that he believed it was, but the reason the Taylors were sounding better now was really because they used to use primarily ONLY maple and now they use other woods as well.:o:confused::D

• Members

Originally posted by orsino

Don't mean to turn this into a GC bashing thread, but I just have to share with you my discussion with the salesperson about Taylors. I was just making chit-chat really and asked him if the 714 was revoiced. He said that he believed it was, but the reason the Taylors were sounding better now was really because they used to use primarily ONLY maple and now they use other woods as well.
:o:confused::D

I wonder if that boy's Mother had any children that lived :eek:

Archived