Electric guitar equilizer for acoustic?

surfcat

• Members

Will a Boss GE-7 or other electric guitar eq work well with an acoustic with a Ust pickup that doesn't have a built in equilizer? I'm thinking I could kill two birds with one stone and use it for both-through a pa with the acoustic. Has anyone tried this?

• Members

you can definitely use an eq like the boss for acoustic guitar.
some people actually recommend that pedal in specfic as a preamp/eq pedal for acoustic guitars.
seems i remember david enke of pick-uptheworld speaking of that pedal being a good one for acoustic applications, as well as the folks at elderly instruments.
i myself have a danelectro fish & chips 7 band eq. it's studio quiet and works just fine. half the cost of the boss pedal, but it's plastic so not as durable i don't guess. but i don't stomp on it or anything. if i have it out it stays on.

• Members

I used to run sound for this 2 acoustic guitar band. They just had 2 acoustics and that was it. Anyway one person use fender acoustic with an onboard active pickup. the other used a yamaha with a dean markley pickup in the sound hole.

In order to help equalize them, I had the yamaha player plug into my boss GE-7 eq pedal. It really helped to get him to a similar level and made my job at the board easier.

It works pretty well, I actually sold my boss and got the danelectro eq pedal. I find the danelectro to sound just as good and while you have to baby it a bit, its worth the money.

Archived