Guess What Happened To Me!!!

EvilHippy

• Members

I am so happy.

My computer finally crapped out on me on Tuesday...I had get by without it til today.I went out at 4:30 A.M. to Wal-Mart and stood in line until 6:30 A.M. for my new computer.I have to say, I absolutely love this thing.15 inch flatscreen HP pavillion v152 monitor with built in speakers .HP Pavillion a335w CPU with a Pentium 4 Processor 2.5 GHz.256 MB DDR SDRAM memory,Integrated Intel Extreme Grapthics with 64MB Shared Video Memory,80GB Hard Drive,CDRW with HP CD Writer (Now I can burn CDs :D;) ) 48x24x48 Max Speed. V.92 K56 flex Data/fax modem,10/100 Base T Ethernet Interface,AOL pre-installed,HP PSC1110V All in One Printer/Scanner/Copier,Expansion Bay.I think it is pretty fast.Well....compared to the 336 MHz HP I was using before.I know....should've gotten an Apple or a Dell...but this is what they had....this is what I got.Should last me another 5 or 6 years then i'll just probably get a new one.I am going to build up some recording gear...i've already ordered a new sound card and a DVD-Rom for the expansion bay.I'm listening to the Concert For George Harrison CD right now....solo sitar music and tribute sonds with Anoushka Shankar,Jeff Lynne,Eric Clapton,Gary Brooker,Joe Brown,Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers,Dhani Harrison,Billy Preston,Ringo Starr,and Paul McCartney. I am so overjoyed....oh and the price was $798.:D:):cool: ~EH

• Members

Congrats, sounds like an improvement. I hope it enhances your guitar experience, recording, learning and access to resources on the net. A good running computer is a wonderful tool for a guitar player these days. You can record and play video and audio of each other and connect with more people and resources than ever. Hope it works out well. Just back it all up to CD before you start installing and changing a good working computer. Also one sure fire way of keeping it going is dont let the kids log in. Or at least not on your account. My kids have a different computer and this one is just for me. I have one other strictly for music too.

Now we expect to hear some recordings from you one day :)

• Members

Yeah...I checked out that Cool Edit Pro or whatever that stuff was called and I tried to get it but Adobe bought the rights to the software and they are charging $299.00 for it....is it really worth it or are they ripping people off? Hopefully I can see if I can get some recordings made when I get all the recording stuff I need....hopefully I can get all the stuff within a few months.I don't play much for the public.I played for that bluegrass band a month or two back and i've played on a park bench a couple times with people passing by throwing money, but that's about it.I love the feeling you get playing for the public, but sometimes, you can get nervous, and then you will screw up.But I find the concept easier: recording and posting on your website than playing on a stage or for a crowd.I've mainly been working on blues stuff.Stevie Ray Vaughan...except unplugged.As some of you know, i'm taking lessons to improve upon my technique.All the guy wanted to do was electric stuff so I told him I wanted to do acoustic.The guy wanted me to play electric...I think he seriously underestimates my playing ability.I can do great playing solo...but if someone is watching me play, or if I know someone is going to listen to my music....my fingers are every where....off the board on the headstock...I just......get nervous, but if I get nervous I do worse than if I have confidance in myself.Anyone ever have that problem? It isn't stage fright....i'm not afraid of the people, i'm just afraid that they underestimate what I can really do.

• Members

Hey EH,

That Cool Edit is well worth it. It has everything you will ever need and it actually works. The 2.0 Pro version is outstanding and I cannot think of another program that touches it for what I do at home with guitar. I think the strong point is the ease of use and I never have had to read a book to use it. I just figured it all out. They also have excellent docs and support.

I personally think it's light years ahead of the hard drive recorder rigs if you have a good PC.

You might want to go to www.crucial.com and buy some great yet cheap ram for that puppy. They dont ever come with enough ram. Crucial walks you through to the correct memory. You will need 512 or 1gb of ram to run smoothly.

Good Luck man, I'm off to play tonight , yeehaaa...

• Members

EvilHippy
I think he seriously underestimates my playing ability.I can do great playing solo...but if someone is watching me play, or if I know someone is going to listen to my music....my fingers are every where....off the board on the headstock...I just......get nervous, but if I get nervous I do worse than if I have confidance in myself.Anyone ever have that problem? It isn't stage fright....i'm not afraid of the people, i'm just afraid that they underestimate what I can really do.

I have the same Problem sometimes, I just Choke up when someone is Eyeballing me...
But I did take a leasure learning guitar class at the Local University,to get over playing in front of people...and it worked for the most part....
I just had to act kinda slow and stupid
:D which was not Hard for Me......
after the third week the Teacher caught on... and said that she knew that I knew how to play,
But it was OK after I explained my Situation....
and We had Fun on that Group W bench:D

• Members
Originally posted by SteveO

EvilHippy

I think he seriously underestimates my playing ability.I can do great playing solo...but if someone is watching me play, or if I know someone is going to listen to my music....my fingers are every where....off the board on the headstock...I just......get nervous, but if I get nervous I do worse than if I have confidance in myself.Anyone ever have that problem? It isn't stage fright....i'm not afraid of the people, i'm just afraid that they underestimate what I can really do.

I have the same Problem sometimes, I just Choke up when someone is Eyeballing me...

But I did take a leasure
learning guitar class at the Local University,to get over playing in front of people...and it worked for the most part....

I just had to act kinda slow and stupid

:D
which was not Hard for Me......

after the third week the Teacher caught on... and said that she knew that I knew how to play,

But it was OK after I explained my Situation....

and We had Fun on that Group W bench:D

That post made me laugh as far as any post I have read today.I don't act slow and stupid.I like playing my way.The guy teaching me wants me two use my index and middle finger for two note blues stuff, but sometimes I like to pull a fast one and use my ring finger when he's not in the room or has his back turned.Then he looks at me with an expression on his face which I cannot even explain....sort've like a "What the hell was that" look on his face :D If i'm paying he can do it my way or hit the highway....wait a sec....i'm paying for him to teach me....not for me to teach him my ways and habits.But I do enjoy doing it. :D ~EH

• Members

congrats on the new comp man!!
i remember when i got my dell after having my old comp for quite a few years...it was like night and day...

if you want some inexpensive yet functional recording software check out: http://www.acoustic-labs.com

you can download the demo for free still as far as i know. it just won't let you save your recordings. the rest of it works though.
i use this program. it gets the job done. doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles though.
actually, there is a newer version out now than what i have but i'm not sure what changes were made.
the new one goes for just under $20 usa. you just pay and then download it.
course i'd d/l the demo first for free to check it out.

• Members

Ok.. that acoustic labs stuff is low priced...so I may go with that.OOH!!! I know, i'm going to that Cnet download.com and i'm going to see if they have any other downloadable recording software.A lot of them have free trials, and I used to download computer games and stuff off of Cnet.And what's all this group dubya bench tuba playin' father rapin' mother stabber stuph ya'll are tawkin' bout'......And I thought the song "I am the walrus" on The Beatle's Magical Mystery Tour album was weird.:D:rolleyes: ~EH

• Members
Originally posted by EvilHippy

.And what's all this group dubya bench tuba playin' father rapin' mother stabber stuph ya'll are tawkin' bout'......And I thought the song "I am the walrus" on The Beatle's Magical Mystery Tour album was weird.
:D:rolleyes:
~EH

OK~OK

1st) of all we are Quote~ing Passages of Alice's Resturant(Arlo Gutherie) The Thankgiving day song about the Draft..
2nd) part on Tubas, is the "Great Southern Umpa Band"
in Which Tom and I are both Southerners and the Members of this the "Great Southern Umpa Band"
EvilHippy if you'd like to Join, I'll put it to the Band for a Vote...
is that OK .....Tom:D

• Members

I don't think it's him.Most of it is on my part because I have a fear of playing with or in front of people.I do fine alone...also I can't sing while I play guitar because I would rather concentrate on playing.But this one guy I met said it's better to practice with other people and sing while you play....so I think it's both our faults because I can't show him what I really can do...plus I am caught up in wether to play acoustic or electric...I like electric guitars because they are easy to maintain....I like acoustics because they seem more natural and have more beauty than a Yngwie shredmaster.I want to do acoustic more than electric but I still want to do electric.I have a 50's strat, a tele, a Gibson Les Paul,a Fender Cyber Twin, and a Martin D-35.....and you know what? I think I would take the D-35 over any of them.I would like to sell all of my electric stuff and get a 914ce or a 614ce and trade the D-35 for a OM-18V.If only I had an extra $5000 laying around...

• Members
Originally posted by EvilHippy

15 inch flatscreen HP pavillion v152 monitor with built in speakers .HP Pavillion a335w CPU with a Pentium 4 Processor 2.5 GHz.256 MB DDR SDRAM memory,Integrated Intel Extreme Grapthics with 64MB Shared Video Memory,80GB Hard Drive,CDRW with HP CD Writer (Now I can burn CDs
:D;)
) 48x24x48 Max Speed. V.92 K56 flex Data/fax modem,10/100 Base T Ethernet Interface,AOL pre-installed,HP PSC1110V All in One Printer/Scanner/Copier,Expansion Bay.....oh and the price was $798.
:D:):cool:
~EH

Could you be more specific?

Archived