I think I just bought a new guitar!!!

EvilHippy

• Members

I think I just bought a new guitar from a Taylor Guitar Forum member.He had two baby Taylors.I think one is only 5 months old, but I bought his older one which he said had a small nick on it.I got it for $165.His other Baby Taylor is I think, only 5 months old and he wants $200.I talked him down to free shipping on the $200 one, but he is sticking firm to the new one.Anyway, I think I got it. :) my first Taylor, now I hope to get a 612ce.:D ~EH

baby1.jpg

baby2.jpg

Anyone have a spare Taylor pickguard I could buy?

• Members

EH, cool deal on the Baby. I have a Big Baby myself and I really like it. I think you can call Taylor and get them to send you a pick guard for next to nothing. (I heard they used to give them away. ???)

• Members

EH, try some of the removeable clear pickguard material before you put the Taylor pickguard on. It will keep the clean look on the guitar. If I get a guitar without the pickguard I am going to try some on it. You can put it on both sides of the strings so you don't scratch the top no matter how hard you play.

• Members

Well, I like to keep my guitars in good condition, if not mint (at least my Les Paul so I can get maximum resell value).My strat is basically a beater and I reliced it and am in the process of putting a set of something new in it.I want to keep 2 or 3 loaded pickguards around so I can just switch the sound as I feel like it.I just installed 250K CTS pots a little while ago.My Martin is already nicked,dinged,and it has wears through the finish but it is amazing that there are no scratches on it as far as I can see.Just nicks,dings,bruises,and dents.Mainly I want the Taylor pickguard on the baby Taylor just for looks, but it will double as protection from scratches.~EH

Archived