Need help finding some new acoustic guitar music!!!

EvilHippy

• Members

I am running out of music, somebody help me!!! Anyone know any good songs?

Looking along the lines of:

Tommy Emmanuel

Windham Hill

Leo Kottke

Doyle Dykes

list some songs... I am creating an "acoustic dance party re-mix" CD. :D

I am listening to the song "Borsalino" from the album "the day the fingerpickers took over the world".Jazzy sounding...but kind of...I don't know.It has sort of a.....1900's sound to it.Don't know how to describe it. Sounds kinda jazzy and pre big band era.Turn of the century sounding.Ooh, the album "the sounds of wood and steel 2" just came on. Doyle Dykes is playing the wings of the morning....parts of it sound kind of....latin/flamenco sounding.I love acoustic guitar.List some more stuff.I'm using Napster.It's only $10.00 a CD or .99 a song.~EH

• Members

If you like guys like Leo Kottke, check out John Fahey. He's a guy who was a real innovater.

If you like some jazzy feel to your acoustic guitar, check out Django Reinhardt. He was one of a kind. His free-spirited approach really comes through, even on poor-quality recordings. Contemporary guys like Angelo Debarre are great, but they just don't have what Django did -- which isn't any sort of slight, he was a very special player.

Big Bill Broonzy, Robert Johnson, Skip James, Son House...the list goes on and on of old bluesman who did really cool stuff on acoustic.

If you're into any contemporary pop, check out Barenaked Ladies. "Rock Spectacle" is a great live record with a great band sound. They're a pretty underrated band, IMO.

Archived