Best warranty for acoustics?

surfcat

• Members

I was reading in a guitar repair book that Martin is really good about repairing their guitars under warranty even if it's due to humidity issues on an old guitar, etc. Is this true? Who has the best warranty service with the least amount of flack? How's Taylor, Larrivee, Gibson, Ovation, others in your experience?

• Members
Originally posted by joeybcdt

Guild restored my '81 G37 when it was 5 years old after the binding was coming off, the black finish on the headstock was coming off, and the bridge was lifting. No charge. They told me it looked like water damage.

Joey

Wow, the old guild management was said to be bad....surprised.Don't know since Guild is under new management since FMIC (Fender) took over.~EH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Martin good. Larrivee I know is outstanding. Gibson takes an act of congress to get it back to the factory and bums you off on local repair shops and they refuse to pay them a decent price, results vary. Never heard a problem with Taylor but I dont own them. Santa Cruz impeccable service. Even Collings is great and very very picky. Crafters of Tennessee treats you like Family and fixes things they shouldn't even be responsible for. Carvin has excellent service.

Those are the ones I know about.... Sometimes it depends on how you deal with them. You catch more flies with honey theory. Call up like some insane moron and they all tend to react poorly.

I should know since I am insane and sometimes a moron j/k ;)

Archived