Does anyone else do this?

EvilHippy

• Members

My 74' Martin D-35 has an undersaddle pickup with an endpin jack.I like playing it through to my Cyber Twin and I have a special acoustic setting which I programmed myself on the amp....then I have like....the shredder settings and a 1983 Fender Sidekick 10 setting.I like playing Crosby,Stills, and Nash on it and I really like going from my acoustic setting that I programmed....to the electric guitar amp settings and switching to those whenever Stephen Stills has a solo.I don't know what it is with it.My dad is here and I was just playing some stuff for him and he says that he thinks it sounds better than my tele,strat,or les paul.Kind of strange.It's got a nice hollow tone to it.I was wondering....and this could be an acoustic forum question or an electric forum, but since I frequent in this forum the most, I decided I would ask, if I like playing my Martin on electric settings and amps as well as acoustic amps, do you think I would enjoy a simi-hollowbody Gretsch or Gibson ES of some sort? Am I the only person who does this sometimes??? Not only do I like the sound better than my solid bodies, but others like it.I also like the fat chunky neck better than my Les Paul, Strat, or Tele, and it is easier to play and lighter too, so after a day of mowing and splitting firewood (like I did today) I can still play without hurting my back.My shoulder is sore as it is.Also, it is easier to switch from my acoustic sounds to electric and electric with Wah-Wah and back.... what are some of your habits?

• Members

Do any famous guitarists do that?

Aha!!! Maybe I have found a way to be unique for my playing on a Martin with an electric amplifier....i'll be like.....Hendrix. :D :D :D

Just think about the people...."oh my god...he's doing that on an acoustic".I can play it just as fast and better than any electric.

• Members

I gigged for many years with my old twin reverb and several different acoustic electrics and got some pretty "different" sounds. I also got some weird looks too. I used to like a bunch of delay(digi delay) and a little bit of that twin vibe. That Cyber Twin is one heckuva amp. I've got a buddy with one. He's got about 15 or 20 Strat's and Tele's. I need to plug my 1967 Martin in it and see what I can come up with.

• Members
Originally posted by woody b

I gigged for many years with my old twin reverb and several different acoustic electrics and got some pretty "different" sounds. I also got some weird looks too. I used to like a bunch of delay(digi delay) and a little bit of that twin vibe. That Cyber Twin is one heckuva amp. I've got a buddy with one. He's got about 15 or 20 Strat's and Tele's. I need to plug my 1967 Martin in it and see what I can come up with.

Oh man...you can't begin to imagine what kind of damage you can do with a Fender Cyber Twin and a Martin.:D;) Switch it on the '83 Sidekick 10 setting.I love the reverse polarity on the right speaker.Hmmm...I like that one.I've created a set of my own acoustic settings....clear bell like tweed settings.I can play acoustic on it and hit my footswitch and go to the sidekick, then I can go to the Twin N P '60 Mod and I also have the same amp with a touch-wah.Sometimes you've got to get the volume high or strum hard or else the wah-wah won't work and it will only "pop" and sound too fat.I like my Cyber-Twin.Sometimes i'm curious if I should have gotten a Marshall stack instead. :D

• Members

The Gibson ES series and the Gretch, etc. all have a very ELECTRIC tone to them. they have very little acoustic sound. I had a Gibson ES330 that is a holow body with no bar up the center. It was a little louder unamped but still didn't have the tone an acoustic does on an amp. Stick with the acoustic on an amp.

• Members

Yeah, I like the acoustic on an electric amp.I do like simi-hollowbodies more than solids now since i've played a few ES model gibsons at my dealer.Plus my Martin is light.For some reason I love wide thick chunky necks and V neck shapes.Some friends of mine were really impressed when I was playing it just as good and just as fast as an electric (since the neck was so thick/wide).It sounds almost exactly like my Gibson and I don't have to touch the guitar to "talk" thorough it, I can talk a few inches from the soundboard and the pickup will send my voice through to the amp......OMG!!! It's 2:00 already!!!! No wonder...I went to bed at 4:00 am and got up at 9:00 am. I just posted some pics that I took 30 minutes ago on the picture thread.

Archived