Is this a OK guitar?

Bajazz

• Members

Originally posted by greystoke 2

No. 1,Your link gave you more reasons to buy this foreign puppy than you can expect to find here. No.2, I'm biased, but a good nip guitar [Yamaki,Takamine, Hashimoto etc.] is a better bet than this "Chevy Chase" of guitars.

greystoke

gs2,

By "nip" I assume you mean Japanese?

Yes, Japanese instruments are truly great but you won't find a new one anywhere for $250. The Japanese brands moved production to Korea in the 80's when their labor costs skyrocketed to U.S. levels. As Korean costs rose they are continuing to move production to China and the Pacific Rim.

Unfortunately the days of quality $300 Japanese guitars are over. If you know of some please let us know so we can recommend some competition for LaSiDo's Seagull and Art and Lutherie brands.

• Members

IMO the Alvarez would be a great guitar. You might try watching ebay for find one even cheaper. I recently bought a new AD60SC on ebay for $225. The AD60SC is the Artist Series solid top, cut-away with the T600 electronics system. The Artist Series are a step up from the Regent Series. It's Endonesia made, which really turned me off, but the sound is incredible, and the electronics are first rate. Plus the cost was great. You might also check out Cort for a great inexpensive guitar.

Archived