Cutaway without electronics

teater

• Members

I'm looking for a cutaway acoustic without electronics around $1200.00 The only thing I have found in that range is the Seagull Artist series with spruce top, solid rosewood back, and laminated rosewood sides (laminated sides are fine). Has anyone here played one? Any other suggestions that meet my critera. Thanks.

• Members

Are you looking for new, or used?

I think the Martin 16,17, and 18 models are my favorites that are currently being produced by Martin. It's gotta be older Martin models for anything else in the standard line for me, I think the new ones aren't as good and people seriously underestimate 70s Martins.... they are a great value due to people not wanting them because of reputation.

~EH

• Members

Like someone else said, Larrive makes a cutaway without electronics in their "L" series ("LV" = cutaway) and maybe in their "O"series in your price range. Check their website. I have their DV-03R without electronics and I love it. It's no longer made.

Good luck!

• Members

The Larrivee LV series cutaways all have electronics. The 5's & om's have the cutaways without electronics but cost more than my limit. That has been my dilemna. Every cutaway without electronics is beyond 1200. Thanks anyway.

Archived