Brass Bridge Pins

confuseitall

• Members

I was reading some reviews on my new guitar, a gorgeous Norman B20 (man I love canadians :)), and saw that many folks had put brass bridge pins in and commented that this drastically improved the tone. Anyone vouch for this? It looks like I could pick up a set pretty cheap ($15).

• Members
Originally posted by confuseitall

I was reading some reviews on my new guitar, a gorgeous Norman B20 (man I love canadians
:)
), and saw that many folks had put brass bridge pins in and commented that this drastically improved the tone. Anyone vouch for this? It looks like I could pick up a set pretty cheap ($15).

For fifteen bucks, I'll check it out myself and report back to you!

• Members

I'm curious too whether brass pins cause a noticeable improvement in tone. Unfortunately, here in Germany they are hard to find and retailers charge 40 Euros for them! I'm watching a current ebay auction, in which someone from Austria offers a set of brass pins. I'll let you know about the sound in case I can grab them.

• Members

I think the Bridge saddle material is said to be more important - ie if you have plastic (or tusque) and switch to bone or fossilized bone you should hear a noticable difference - more than swapping the pins.
redstevo

• Members

Pin material has been the subject of a number of posts. The consensus is that saddle material makes a much more significant contribution to tone than bridge pins and nut material. But for 15 bucks, nothing to lose and an easy swap.

• Members
Originally posted by sevenup

click on the little "search' icon, and these magical text fields appears so you can type in "pins" or more specific "brass pins" .

thanks for sharing your knowledge of this subject. You're really kind to take the time to respond so wholeheartedly to a fellow forumite. I'll be sure to ask you many more questions about guitars, as it's obvious you have much knowledge and love to share. :)

• Members
Originally posted by confuseitall

thanks for sharing your knowledge of this subject. You're really kind to take the time to respond so wholeheartedly to a fellow forumite. I'll be sure to ask you many more questions about guitars, as it's obvious you have much knowledge and love to share.
:)

LOL! :cool:

-----------------------------
the search feature is cool and all, but it doesn't allow you access to any new members comments who didn't post in past threads. also, those of us that have been around here a while are learning more all time i'd like to think. and opinions change :)
-----------------------------

i'm putting some rosewood pins on my new guitar, but not for sound. just for looks and b/c i don't know of another guitar with rosewood pins...i'm sure they're out there, it's just not something i hear about. seems a lot get ebony or ivory, but i don't hear anything about rosewood bridgepins usually.

• Members

No problem. Always glad to see questions asked over and over again to be asked once more. Maybe this time it will be different; the all might god may grace us at Harmony-Central and give us all definitive answers. :p

Archived