Newbie here,What kind of music do you play?

KATMAN

• Members

Hi,I'm new here,I play praise and worship music and some classic rock and I'm interested in knowing what kind of stuff you all play. I have a Epiphone PR 350 CE acoustic-electric that I play thru a Peavey 212 EFX amp that sounds amazing,I also play a mim Fender Sratocaster thru the same amp,I was going to get a acoustic style ampbut since this set up works well with me,I decided to save the cash to buy another guitar. Tell me about your rigs,thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by LittleBrother

I play a kinda podunky simplified form of country blues fingerpicking with a thumb and two fingers.

Great to have you ! They are all NICE people here. Welcome to the Oasis of Harmony Central.

agreed. Really helpful pple here who distributes good advice and encouragement always.

:) really glad to be here.

cause i know i can count on the acoustic forum chums to teach me or guide me.

• Members

Welcome to the Oasis of Harmony Central

Hmmm.......i was thinking the same thing myself. I've been registered here for years, but rarely posted because it seemed to be one of the more hostile boards i've seen. But i never visited this acoustic board till recently and was suprised to find how mellow it is compared to the other HC boards. Must have something to do with acoustic guitars drawing people who have a genterler mentality? I dunno.........all i know is i see a lot less hostility and ego here. Welcome Katman.....

• Members

From a guitarist friend of mine here in Wichita:

we're a 0 piece.

we've been around for approximately never and have gigged nowehere.

you may have heard of us, but then you'd be just as nuts as I am

we're a mix of funk, groove and jazz loosely based around the idea of improvised rock. harmonic structures are geared more towards classical writing although our jams are more or less one chord modal adventures. Harmelodics plays a role, but in a dumbed down much less cerebral interpretation of the original ethos. the guitarist is a mix of jerry garcia's bubbling, spinning horizontal adventures and piercing phrases, pat martino's never ending melodic invention, mark knopfler's gritty realism, trey anastasio's expressive use of artful noise and debussy's chromatic language. The drummer is a mix of bily kreutzman's tribal jazzy grooves a la 1972-1974, billy martin's brilliant syncopation, billy kilson's driving finesse, keith moon's frenzied accents and tony williams' poly-rhythmic structuring. the keyboard player is rather textural. he's got the right hand of herbie handcock, the electronic genius of stockhausin, the appeal of page mcconnell, the tasteful left hand of joey defrancesco, the grace of oscar peterson and the harmonic rigor of schumann. the rhythm player sometimes calls himself bob weir. other times he's known as pete townshend.

• Members

LOL SteveO! That about sums it up!

And I'll echo the welcomes Katman. It's a nice place to hang around. Nice bunch of chaps!

I play a bit of Celtic, a bit of country blues, a bit of "folk", a bit of pop, a bit of classical... heck, a bit of most everything except techno, jungle, garage, etc. And strictly no soft rock :shudder:

Cams

• Members

Hi KATMAN,

I'm also pretty new here. I have found this forum to be very helpful and thoughtful in their replies to new threads. There is a great deal of information available on almost every topic I can think of.... I've learned alot from the electric guitar forum too, just stay away from the Agile threads and such n' such vs. gibson/fender threads unless you enjoy flame wars:)

I play a "parlor" size silvertone from the sixties it actually sounds much better than you would think(better than most though it is no Larrivee Parlor.) It plays very nicely as well. I mostly bang out bluesfolkcountryrocknoise....think P.J. Harvey meets Johnny Cash meets Woody Guthrie(I wish!) meets Yo La Tengo....use a les paul jr. thru an old mesa boogie mk 1 on the electrified side of the fence. I don't use effects pedals (still haven't discovered all the sounds from the mk 1 and probably never will :) ) nor do I play live.... although maybe when I'm sixtyfive and have the voice I want to sing with I'll start playing out.

Anyways, thanks for posting a topic that is within my knowledge base.

• Members

Thanks for the welcome! I'll tell a little about myself,I listened to metal for years and years,yet I was secretly drawn to the beauty of the sound of the acoustic guitar,'course I couldn't tell anybody that back then ! My early influences are Neil Young and James Taylor and Don MCclain,my later influnces include the likes of Phil Keaggy and Michael Hedges. I have been playing for twenty four years now,and enjoy it more and more each day. I play often at church,but lately have been playing bass,since our Pastor who's also our worship leader plays the guitar. I enjoy being here and may even reconize some other folks from other sites,thanks again for having me.:)

Archived