Martin "employee's personal guitar"

Qengho

• Members

Would not surprise me a bit to be authentic. I see alot of those and they are sometimes better than the real Martins. Norman Blakes favorite personal guitar is a 1936 Employee 00 . It might be the biggest sounding 00 I have ever heard and played. What a privilage that was. You see what Gruhn says about them. That does not surprise me. That's who Norman bought his from.

"They are very nice guitars" (doing my George Gruhn voice and imitation)

;)

• Members

Yeah those are the inlays Norman likes too. But hes kinda gotten tired of reaching over square dreads and seems to be favoring smaller guitars now. BTW, he is one nice fella to, and his wife Nancy. I hope people get a chance to meet them and hear them play.

• Members

Originally posted by Carle

If Martin did not allow the employee to put the Martin name on then why does this guitar have the Martin name on it?

Carle you didn't see this part........

"Oh yeah, one more thing! The previous owner had a D-41 veneer applied to the headstock (again, see pic). This is a very professional job. This is inlay work, not some cheap decal. I feel it enhances the instrument. I've owned two EMP's and the question I was always asked was "great guitar....what kind is it?" With this headstock you will never have to worry about those nagging questions."

• Members

Originally posted by LittleBrother

Would not surprise me a bit to be authentic. I see alot of those and they are sometimes better than the real Martins.

Interesting. Ya learn something every day...

• Members

It would be worth a bit more if it was a "real" Martin. The line blurs a bit with these "employee guitars" Pretty soon you are buying a kit guitar if you go down that road. I'm sure it's a fine guitar, but hard to distinguish it from the many guitars made from Martin parts floating around that folks build and sell.

Archived