Eric Satie tabs

emir

• Members

Hi all,

has anyone seen any online guitar tabs of eric satie? I have yet to hear Cristopher Parkening playing them on the classical guitar, but I like all three gymnopedies and the gnossiennes. Very, very melancholy. I could actually connect with his works.

Any help is much appreciated. I like this particular work of classical music, but to my own dismay I cannot read music. Its almost impossible to find good classical tabs these days.

Emir

• Members

I'm afraid I can't help with your search emir. But, I'd like to say that I thing the gymnopedies may be some of the most beautiful music ever written. How can one look at gymnasts and come up with such melancholy music?

• Members

I have the Parkening arrangements (in normal notation) of Nos. 1-3. Very nice pieces indeed. Several big stretches and jumps which is not unusual for pieces transcribed from piano to guitar.

Try reading music--it isn't hard. Really, it isn't!!!

• Members

wow, thanks a lot guys. riffmeister, i also have transcriptions for the gymnopedies from and issue of guitar player. I think Kirk Hammett's on the cover.

orsino, I didnt know youre into classical as well! I like your goodall and your playing too.

min7b5, thanks for the link. anything in progress?

Archived