New Tone Stack Design

Casey4s

• Members

This is the first rendition of a reworked tone stack for my winter amp. It's not a true Baxandall (I don't think) but it had an active Bass and Treble and I added an active Midrange. Many of the component values are temp. I need to tweak this a bit yet.

Any thoughts?

TVPreamp1.jpg

• Members

Looks interesting. Havent really come across much stuff other than your run of the mill FMV or james/baxandall stack so I can't really comment further. I looked over the schematic for a sound city 120 as I may be able to get one for cheap (although I think I'd just prefer to do a scratch build anyway) and the tonestack in that is some kind of crazy active beast.

• Members

Looks interesting. Havent really come across much stuff other than your run of the mill FMV or james/baxandall stack so I can't really comment further. I looked over the schematic for a sound city 120 as I may be able to get one for cheap (although I think I'd just prefer to do a scratch build anyway) and the tonestack in that is some kind of crazy active beast.

While I was shopping for a model, I started with te RCA active Baxandall, but Baxandall's are for Hi Fi where midrange is the enemy. I tried to shoehorn a midrange into the Bax but kept comming up with two levels of Bass instead.

I was looking the Sound City schematic over and was thinking about using that as a model until someone showed me this active tone stack idea from Weber VST. This looks very simple to impliment and seems like it should work really well as a active tone stack.

• Members

I'm certainly intrigued by it so I'll be looking forward to seeing it progress. The FMV is good and all but it would be nice to see something different for a change. I tried a passive bax/james stack in the lead channel of my A15 and it wasnt too hot. I still need to put the FMV stack back in that actually. I might actually just pull the board from that and put one of my own in.

Archived