Mp3

min7b5

• Members

Originally posted by E. Chiasson

......I like it a lot...... can you tell me what what used for playing and recording please ?......

I used a new-ish Taylor 514C guitar, with Elixir Nano light gauge strings, Alaska finger picks, and a Golden Gate thumb pick on everything except Willow Week For Me, which was just bare fingers and medium Nanos. We used three large diaphragm condenser mics; an AT4050 at the lower bout, an AT4033 at the fretboard, and AKG 414 near my left ear.

• Members

Hey, I really like these. When you said "free jazz", what came to mind was more of the Ornett Coleman atonal stuff, which I'm not especially fond of. I really like you use of open strings in your chord voicings and your use of different voicings than just the standard "jazz" voicings. Also, great feel & tone.

Ron

• Members

Originally posted by riovine

Hey, I really like these. When you said "free jazz", what came to mind was more of the Ornett Coleman atonal stuff, which I'm not especially fond of. I really like you use of open strings in your chord voicings and your use of different voicings than just the standard "jazz" voicings. Also, great feel & tone.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Yeah, I should have thought a of another term. It's not the Coleman thing, but it's not quite making the changes either.

Archived