Help me I'm retarded (D-28 Dillema)

LDF

• Members
Originally posted by Khan Fused

I feel your lefty pain. I'm not much of a player (an understatement worthy of George W. Bush), & have a small collection of cheap lefties (my acous is a Seagull S6+ Cedar GT, used).

If you, or anyone else, gets the chance to visit Southpawguitars, bring a cloth to wipe up the drool. It's small shop, but it's crammed full of lefty guitars & basses, from cheap to very expensive. Make sure to introduce yourself to the owner (Paul? an older gentlemen whose name I've completely forgotten). You'll want to bypass the two junkie robots who work for him.

My wife is eyeing a 'burst' D-28 (r/h) in a pawn shop. At $599.00 I think that it's a fake, but who knows?

I would have thought it was a big place since they do so much business. I spoke to the manager Joe. He seems nice and fairly helpful, though I've never spoken to any guitar shop employee who was even remotely professional, organized or straightforward. It doesn't seem to be a musician trait.;)
Every time a tell someone at southpaw to email me a tracking number or whatever, I have to call back and practically guide them through the process.

• Members
Originally posted by solitaire

You know, that's not just cosmetics. The wood used for bridge and fretboard will indeed affect tone as well. The 28 is also built with more attention to detail, being built as a CS instrument.

What is "CS"? cat-scan, city-slicker, cranberry-smoothie..?

• Members

every available inch of space. I feel like the proverbial bull in a china shop when I'm there, but it's great to be around SO MANY lefty guitars! Rockin Robin, on the other hand, has a large store, but stocks maybe 5-10 new lefties, & sometimes a few trade-ins.

Back to Martin D-28...hope you find the right guitar that fits you.

Archived