Rough soundclip of my "electroCoustic" tube amp....

dave251

• Members

The 3rd prototype is almost finished...just burning it in and making sure it's reliable.

This will be a CLEAN 40 watt EL34 based "acoustic" amp. Single 12" Eminence Beta 12LT speaker for extended highs. Mojo "Tweed Deluxe" cab on this proto, haven't decided on final colors/covering yet. Single volume/tone, no frills...just the simplest circuit we could come up with.

Here's an mp3....tell me what you think. This is the builder noodling around on one of my electroCoustics....

http://www.electrocoustic.com/workdtl/Clip_done.mp3

The guitar was feeding back before the amp went into serious distortion...and with my guitars....that's about 115dB....VERY LOUD.

Your input/opinion is appreciated.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The pickup system is a hybrid...."MagPi"....magnetic string pickup, and a proprietary bridge piezo of my design. So yes, there is a piezo in there. It's a passive, highly interactive system; it's pretty easy to dial out the piezo, or at least tone it down a bit.

I'm not doing the guitar playing on this clip...the amp builder is. I should have the amp here tomorrow and hopefully some more refined clips by the middle of next week....I am in the middle of five instruments right now, so finding the time might push it back a bit.

Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped about the whole deal....

Archived