About to change strings, saddle and pins

BMCS

• Members

Originally posted by Cldplytkmn

your martin came with elixirs?? thats a crying shame. now get some PBs on there ASAP...

on a serious note, congrats on the new guitar, I need to get hew saddle/pins on my hummingbird... are you getting yours local or internet?

I got them from herehttp://www.guitarsaddles.com/products.htm

I ordered them as soon as I got the guitar. I started e-mailing him and he turned out to be super cool and answers questions fast.

I couldn't be happier.

It was a bit of work to get the saddle just right, but he makes them large so you can customize the size for your guitar. It took me about an hour to do it.:D

• Members

Originally posted by JasmineTea

Well, how does it sound?

It sounds 100% better. It didn't change the tone so much as the loudness. Every string and note is crystal clear and LOUD.

I don't know how much the saddle and pins contribute to the change or if the string change did. :confused: I just knew I didn't like the elixirs.

I was thinking about taking it to a local shop to have the work done, but if you take your time its an easy do-it-yourself job.

• Members

I forgot to mention:

If you change the saddle, but use the same strings, you can A-B the saddles and hear the dif the bone saddle makes.

The reason for using the old strings is because your ears are used to them.

You could A-B it with the new strings too.

• Members

I forgot to mention:

If you change the saddle, but use the same strings, you can A-B the saddles and hear the dif the bone saddle makes.

The reason for using the old strings is because your ears are used to them.

You could A-B it with the new strings too.

That sounds like too much work:D

• Members

Originally posted by BMCS

That sounds like too much work:D

There was a thred going awhile back about whether or not bone saddles made a dif. I guess your thread brought it to mind.

It's a cool experiment. I heard the dif on my d16gt when I went from micarta to tusq, one of these days i'll get a bone saddle for it.

• Members

There was a thred going awhile back about whether or not bone saddles made a dif. I guess your thread brought it to mind.

It's a cool experiment. I heard the dif on my d16gt when I went from micarta to tusq, one of these days i'll get a bone saddle for it.

All I know is when you handle/feel micarta or plastic saddles and pins and then compare it to the bone there is a BIG difference.

It only makes sense to my itty bitty brain that will translate to alot more sound:cool:

I like it:D

Archived