Samick SSC 325 ???

Misha

• Members

A friend of mine bought a classical guitar... for 60$ CAD from a broken guy. It's a Samick, model: SSC 325, made in Korea.

We want to know how much it cost new and if possible, the year it was made.

I can't find anything about it on the web.

It looks like a Barcelona model C5 though I'm not sure.

Samick C5

Someone knows about this guitar?

• Members

Hi. I'm new to this forum, but have some knowledge about the Samick situation. Mostly I'm aware of their electric guitars.

The guitar likely is the same as the C5 model you provided a link to. Samick totally redid their guitar line a couple years ago when they introduced the Greg Bennett Design series. This led to a lot of confusion, as they also renamed all their models, electric and acoustic.

The Samick website is notorious for not being helpful, but perhaps if you can find a Samick dealer, you might find a proper answer. But then, they're probably as confused as the rest of us.

• Members

Thank's for your answer! :)

If it's the same as the C5, she got a pretty good price (she always buy things for a ridiculous price!)

It really looks identical to the C5 and it is in very, very good condition!

She lent it to me because she doesn't play. I'm thinking about buying a classical guitar but I think I will buy a La Patrie Etude because the fretboard of the Samick is not comfortable to me. Maybe with an adjustment it would be better though.

Archived