I'm looking for advise!

guitardude24

• Members

I'm looking for some direction here...

I have an acoustic guitar, the family guitar, and it's not bad...who am i kidding, it's terrible! And i've really gotten into acoustic playing now!

So, I need advise on what acoustic guitars I should check out to possibley buy to replace my families crapper! Here's some more info...

I can only really spend like $300-400

Electric acoustic is prefered

Must have a very warm tone for rhythm chords etc, but also shimmering single notes!

So, any suggestions? Brands? I'm kinda starting from stratch because i really don't know all that much about acoustic guitars, as i've been obsessed with distortion and full stacks up until now!

Thanks!

• Members

If it were me, I'd wait and save up atleast $200 more. There are some really great quality acoustics in the $600 range, like a Larrivee OM-03. If you really want to buy now, Blueridge guitars are a good deal:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/515097/

And you could always add electronics later. This is usually preferred.

• Members

I agree with 1,2btone, save a couple of more bucks.it doesn.t look like you are new to this by the ads you have .buy a quality guitar now while you have the chance.its the most important purchase you will make[involveling guitars] you will make in 10 years.spend a liitle extra,you deserve it.it will last you for how mANY YEARS?

• Members

well ya, i'm not new to playing, but i'm new to acoustics and woods and what not for acoustics...like i know mahogany is quite a warm tone wood, right? but ya...

I can't extend my budget on this, it's just for casual playing without terrible intonation and inch high action! The only reason i prefer a/e is so i can record relatively easy, though i do have mics that i record with now, it's just harder to keep it uniform when doing punch in's etc...

I'll be going out to my guitar store soon and i'll see what I find!

Thanks

Archived