fishman aura as stand alone...?

bluewolf

• Members

I know Fishman sells the Aura as a stand alone unit. I was thinking for my next accoustic of just putting in a Fishman matrix pickup and running it through the Aura. Do any of you use the fishaman Aura?? as a stand alone unit?? Did you have to do much tweaking?? Do you use it for live venues??

• Members

Yes, I use my Aura as a stand alone unit. Rainsong w/ Element onboard pickup > Aura> Yorkville Powerd mixer. SOme reverb and that's it. Used to use a Baggs PADI with a Zoom 504II effects unit in the loop supplimented with an external AKG C1000s condensor. My current setup sounds as good and lots simpler

• Members

Sorry, as for the rest of your Questions: Yes, it took some tweaking to get the best sound, but nothing a few gigs won't help you dial in ( I also have custom sound images of my guitar, which helped, but I don't deem as necessary). And yes, I bought it for live performance, not recording. We play out about 2-4 times a month in various size bars. Myself and an acoustic bass player. I've not heard a better acoustic sound yet. I may also be a bit biased!

Archived