US vs Metric Humbucker screw thread

David E H

• Members

I've done some searching on this and couldn't find a definitive answer......

I'm putting together a guitar from parts and I'm mounting some humbuckers to the PG and one I was able to mount using the screws I have from a trashed import (oscar schmidt) guitar. The other humbucker has screwholes that are too small to fit the import screws; does this humbucker need US (gibson) screws?

Just trying to find screws that are thinner in diameter than the ones I have now....Thanks!

• Members

Do you have a good fastener place near wher you live? I have such a place that does just fasteners. Maybe you have something near you as most cities above about 200K peeps has such a place. Bring the pup with you and see if they can help. And who knows, maybe there's a DIY'er here that has what you need. Most of us have PRS (pack rat syndrome).

• Members

I went to a couple hardware stores today and one had some screws that were close. The 48 diameter ones seemed correct, however I think their thread was different. I'm not sure whether it was US or metric. It seems 48 is the standard for Gibson so I might just buy some online and hope they're correct.

You said I might be able to get some from someone on here.....any thoughts on who that might be?

Archived