New Hagstrom 0103S mahogany acoustic

kwcsports

Of course, you could have meant the other first clip which was ST James Infirmary. Kind of a sig tune for me lately.

N' Like I said. I'm not trying to say I'm playing the equivalent of a Larivee or Taylor here, but I'm certainly playing a guitar whose sound defies the description of budget. It's articulate, balanced, with beautiful undertones.

I'd love to hear it in the hands of an excellent guitarist!

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

And yeah you're crazy to travel forever to test drive a $200 guitar.... but I've felt that itch before. It's just hard to lay out cash of any kind for something you may not love. However, Barnstorm is probably 45 minutes from Providence.

Well, it would be psychotic to make the drive from NY for the guitar only. But I do drive up to RI regularly. As long as I'm there, 45 minutes is nothing. Problem is, the family is meeting elsewhere this summer, so I probably won't be back to RI 'til the fall. I'll probably have another guitar by. I have a lead on a guy that fixes up used guitars, that I'll look into this week.

Hell if it makes any sense and I'm around, we could hook up and I'd take you there. It's a wicked crazy thing to do.

Well they say you can't take the Brooklyn outta the boy, but I've never heard anyone from Brooklyn say "wicked" before. You're talking like I used to when I was a kid. Sadly, the Rhode Island has been taken out of me. I haven't said "wicked" in about 25 years. I miss it though, what a great expression. Maybe I'll try to introduce to Brooklyn, see how it goes. :)

thanks for offering to hook up, that would be great, but realistically I don't think I'll be in the guitar market in the fall.

Oh, and yea, these old blues songs have about 100 names, it's gotta be St. James Infirmary, there's a line about that place in the Van Ronk song I mentioned.

cheers

Archived