Anyone know what acoustic Paul Gilbert uses?

flyangus

• Members

Just wondered if anyone knows what he is using on Acoustic Samourai?

I'm a long time electric user but never got an acoustic 'cos they are too hard to play (fast lead style)!:freak: I figured whatever Paul is using can't be difficult to play because he shreds on that CD.

Or can anyone recommend an acoustic/electro-acoustic that is easy to play? I know that will probably sacrifice tone, but I just can't play the way I want to on any acoustic I have ever tried.

• Members

I had an Ovation that played basically like an electric. It sounded like garbage unplugged, though. Through a PA, it sounded pretty decent. If those Carvin AE series play anywhere as well as their electrics, they should be a really good bet, too.

• Members

Gilbert is a paid endorser of Ibanez guitars and plays nothing but, even having his own line, the PGM 301 made to his specs. I am thinking he is probably playing an Ib on the Acoustic Samauri. I tried to get a good look at the photo on the cover but could not find a decent enough one to identify.

As far as one that is easy to play, you'll just have to test drive until you find one you like.

RT1:cool:

Archived