bad rooms

EvilTwin

• Members

Have you ever tried a few guitars in a shop, and NONE of them lived up to your expectations?

I recently tried a bunch of different acoustics at a store in Westminster, MD, and none of 'em were very exceptional. I don't think it was the guitars as much as that room was just a sink.

• Members

This may sound kinda stupid, but when I'm in a noisey or otherwise crappy room trying guitars, I'll wrap myself around the body of the guitar and "feel" the tone. With my head close to the sound hole and playing quietly, you might be amazed at the way the vibrations boost the clarity. Try to stay away from the top, though. Touch as much of the sides and back a you can. This works for me even using no pick.

rots of ruck

• Members

What pisses me off the most is when they have great guitars without a private place to play them , and usually some kid thinks their the next Clapton and turns the volume on some super powered amp to 10 to try out a Strat - and the store reps dont care ! ( because they sell more Electrics than Acoustics - which is a fact )

Archived