Do you know about Deezer?

• Members

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce you to Deezer. This wonderful website allows you to listen to any song for free and LEGALLY ! The company is the first to have signed full agreements with major companies so they can broadcast FREE music-on-demand !

That's a world premiere ! And I'm sure it won't be the last website to work that way ;)...

However, for the moment, I just enjoy it! Look at my personnal playlists!!! And show me yours!

See ya!

Polo

• Members

Well, the first song I attempted to listen to wasn't available. I would imagine only the most popular stuff will be free to listen to on demand. However, the Smartradio feature looks to be a decent Pandora alternative. Thanks for the advert.

• Members

There are a few websites opening like this and have been for awhile but none have yet to stay up for more than a years time as the advertising money there making isn't enough to even pay the bare minimum royalties let alone have money for the large server costs and to pay employees. Working in the music industry I don't think any of us want to go this way as you get paid 10 cents per song downloaded instead of $1-2

• Members

There are a few websites opening like this and have been for awhile but none have yet to stay up for more than a years time as the advertising money there making isn't enough to even pay the bare minimum royalties let alone have money for the large server costs and to pay employees. Working in the music industry I don't think any of us want to go this way as you get paid 10 cents per song downloaded instead of $1-2

Ten cents a download is low, but who the hell pays 1-2 bucks per song? All the ones I know of pay 50-70 cents.

• Members

I listen to music with deezer too once in while. It's nice, although I was looking for some artists I like and their tracks weren't available...

and another interesting phenomena : there are songs that aren't available at one computer I use, and are available at another computer. How about that?!:facepalm:

• Members

eh...I use free.napster.com when I'm at work, they have pretty much everything, even some of the local bands from my area have signed up...Some artists/labels will only allow you too listen to 30 second clips though...but for the most part they are whole songs you can stream for free and then buy a track or the whole CD...I think they also have a service where you can have unlimited downloads for a monthly fee...seems pretty cool but I havent looked into that part.

Archived