I want a Taylor 314ce!

false crack

• Members

Okay, I just decided I am going to save up some cash and get a Taylor 314ce. I love the shape and it plays like butter.

I was just wondering where you guys buy your guitars from. I want to buy it new so I can have some sort of warranty on it. How much are you guys paying for this guitar? I see it on musicians friend for 1599 and I got this 10% off deal there I think might still work so thats= $1440.00

Can anybody beat that price new?

• Members

A guy I work with was at GC this weekend in Paramus, NJ...He picked one up for 999 out the door....It was used but has no signs of playwear anyplace on it...The only mark on it is a very small whiteish color in the binding at the very bottom edge of the guitar...Otherwise I doubt if this guitar had more than 2 hrs playing time on it...

• Members

Originally posted by false crack

Okay, I just decided I am going to save up some cash and get a Taylor 314ce. I love the shape and it plays like butter.

I was just wondering where you guys buy your guitars from. I want to buy it new so I can have some sort of warranty on it. How much are you guys paying for this guitar? I see it on musicians friend for 1599 and I got this 10% off deal there I think might still work so thats= $1440.00

Can anybody beat that price new?

I bought my 314 CE L7 (Tasmanian Blackwood) new at Wildwood Music in Coshocton, Ohio for $1,399.

• Members

Originally posted by false crack

Wow, I am more than impressed. He quoted the 314ce for $1299. Thats an amazing price. Im gonna start scraping my money together!

List price from Taylors' site is $2138. It is considered common to see a street price of up to 40 percent off, that would be $1283. Your quote would be a very good price, but not amazing. (I'll admit I haven't gone shopping for this model so I can't point you to someone selling for that).

I happen to prefer paying a little more to a shop that lets me come in and try it, sets it up to my preferences (altho most Taylors come from the factory where I like 'em) and supports my local music scene.

BTW - I think you'll like the 314. Mine is a great little finger picker.

• Members

I bought a 2002 314 from Music Emporium in Lexington MA, VERY lightly used - like you can't tell if it was ever played - for about $800. It's not the ce model though.

Those guys were absolutely fantastic. I'd buy another instrument from them in a second. And boy, did they have some beautiful ones. :) I particularly liked the Froggy Bottoms. :love:

• Members

Originally posted by Freeman Keller

I happen to prefer paying a little more to a shop that lets me come in and try it, sets it up to my preferences (altho most Taylors come from the factory where I like 'em) and supports my local music scene.

I had to drive a little less than an hour to get to Wildwood, but it's the coolest accoustic shop I've been to. They are supernice folks and have some awesome gits. Here's a link:

http://www.wildwoodmusic.com/

• Members

Originally posted by t60 fan

I had to drive a little less than an hour to get to Wildwood, but it's the coolest accoustic shop I've been to. They are supernice folks and have some awesome gits. Here's a link:

Looks like my kind of place. I love those hammered dulcimers in the background. You know, maybe I could make one....

Archived