Anyone play or own, or seen a Babicz guitar?

KATMAN

• Members

Just curious if anyone has. From the guitar mags,they get a great reveiw. They sure are strange looking guitars from what I've seen. The strings look like they are on the body instead of the bridge and saddle.It says(from Musicians Friend) that it has a double trussrod and is continueing adjustable,whatever that means. I'm curious if anyone has played,own,or even seen this guitar up close.What is your opinion on this guitar?

• Members

Originally posted by KATMAN

Just curious if anyone has. From the guitar mags,they get a great reveiw. They sure are strange looking guitars from what I've seen. The strings look like they are on the body instead of the bridge and saddle.It says(from Musicians Friend) that it has a double trussrod and is continueing adjustable,whatever that means. I'm curious if anyone has played,own,or even seen this guitar up close.What is your opinion on this guitar?

I played one for a couple of minutes at a local store. I didn't think it was anything special, but it could've been just that particular one.

• Members

I played one at a music store and was overall unimpressed. The tone was fine and it played okay, but a friend of mine had described them as "revolutionary" and the sound didn't really lend to that. I figured you could find a better playing and sounding instrument for a better price.

Ellen

• Members

It's a gimmick. I played one and was'nt impressed at all. The one I played had an improperly cut nut, stiff action at the 3rd fret.

It has Babicz' version of the Fender Tilt-a-Neck. The claims of "no choked bass up the neck" are not true, nor are the claims of extended sustain.

If you put babicZ or babicS in the search function you'll find a thread or two about them.

• Members

Originally posted by JasmineTea

It's a gimmick. I played one and was'nt impressed at all. The one I played had an improperly cut nut, stiff action at the 3rd fret.

It has Babicz' version of the Fender Tilt-a-Neck. The claims of "no choked bass up the neck" are not true, nor are the claims of extended sustain.

If you put babicZ or babicS in the search function you'll find a thread or two about them.

I just saw them on the Musician's Friend website,just thought it was a odd looking guitar.

Archived