a nylon string guitar with a cutaway????

userpatch

• Members

I am looking for a nylon string (warm sounding) guitar with a cutaway, but i really don't need a pickup with it.

Real classical guitars don't have a CW, but the nylon's i 've seen with a CW are the one's with a pickup..... and i am going for the acoustic sound.

Any suggestions???????????:confused:

• Members

I searched these out a while ago and didn't come up with much.

Pavan

Manuel Rodriguez (a division of Fender) has a few models that I think you can w/o electronics.

Lone Star Guitars down in Mexico have the El Paso. I ended up getting one of their requintos, which has a cutaway (almost all of them do).

On a historical note, here's an interesting one that Chet Atkins used as a model for his Gibby solid body classical--click.

Good luck with the search! By the way, what kind of music will you be playing on it? Also, I noticed that you're in the Netherlands. Anywhere near Groningen?

• Members

As Stack said, they are there, but few and far between. Seems that for both steel and nylon, the marketing people marry cutaways with electronics. The thing is, the overwhelming advice on the forum is to buy a non electric guitar and add your own electronics to suite your taste, ie no barn door hole in the side. Makes that advice tough to follow if you want a cutaway, as most manufacturers feel the need to include a pre-amp. I would prefer something like the K&K setup with an external DI box.

I just bought an Alvarez MC-90 classical, but as soon as Tom Prisloe (Pavan) gets his next shipment in, I am going to make the two hour trip to play a variety of the Pavans' and compare them to my Alvarez (all solid wood, cedar over rosewood). I will post my opinion as he does offer a cutaway sans electronics.

• Members

Ive got family near Groningen Stackabones, thx for the reply.

The music style will be everything except real classical music...:D

As dave said, the cutaways are married with electronics. If i'm going that way then i have to spend a hell of a lot more, because it's a waist of money buying a cheaper model with bad electronics.

I fear that there are to options for me:

1 buying a real classical guitar and ..... there goes my cutaway..:cry:

2 buying a nylonstring guitar with the CW, wich means spending a whole lot more if i want the benefit of the electronics

Btw, i am looking in the 700/1000

• Members

Epiphone makes one called the EN-546CE, in the Masterbilt line.

2mgujci.jpg

It has a pickup and I know that's not what you're looking for but it may be worth checking out. I haven't played a Masterbilt I didn't like and I have a lot of confidence in the line. Its not exactly what you're looking for, but it may be good to try one out just in case it happens to sound amazing.

Ellen

Archived