50th Anniversary Song (Freeman...)

guitapick

• Members

The two banjo pieces are nothing special. I'm hoping to record myself playing guitar sometime soon.

I guess I like to enable downloads because there's no loss in quality. The lo-fi stream is 24kbps, which is pretty low. The hi-fi stream is 128 kbps, which is the same encoding rate I used. But at this stage I have no intellectual property to protect. Literally. Don't even know the meaning of the word.

If I were selling my tunes, then I guess it would be a different matter. If that's your plan, then by all means disable downloads. We'll still be able to listen to the streams.

• Members

The two banjo pieces are nothing special. I'm hoping to record myself playing guitar sometime soon.

I guess I like to enable downloads because there's no loss in quality. The lo-fi stream is 24kbps, which is pretty low. The hi-fi stream is 128 kbps, which is the same encoding rate I used. But at this stage I have no intellectual property to protect. Literally. Don't even know the meaning of the word.

If I were selling my tunes, then I guess it would be a different matter. If that's your plan, then by all means disable downloads. We'll still be able to listen to the streams.

Thanks...

Main thing is to get some stuff on line for people to hear. Have to sort out my priorities, I guess. I've written a lot of stuff. I wasn't even thinking about copyright infringement/selling mp3s or anything like that 'till I mentioned it to my "internet savvy" musician friend. Now I've got a whole new set of stuff to put in my pipe...and ponder. In the meantime, I figure it can't hurt to do streaming for now.

I like to try to keep things simple and life just doesn't cooperate, sometimes.

Wondering what this rejection slip from MySpace is about? Am I too old?

Still looking forward to hearing your pieces, Brahmz. I love classical music. And banjo. Big fan of Bela Fleck (along with other pickers in other styles).

• Members
Nice stuff, Brahmz. That Vivaldi's one of my favorite pieces in the world. Really nicely done.

:thu:

Thanks! I have a recording of Narcisco Yepes playing it on guitar with a small chamber orchestra, and the Largo is 5 minutes of heaven.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stuff once you get your plans sorted out.

• Members

I saw Yepes at Lincoln Center. Great show. 3/4 of the audience walked out after intermission when he started playing the modern works (I love him for that). I ended up with GREAT seats because of that.

I'll get the uploads together. Just didn't know I'd have to actually "think" about what I'm doing.

You know, I finally got a membership to MySpace and put down just the basics with a photo.

This morning I wake up and I've got a message from some cutie who wants to "get to know" me.

Look at my home page (which others see, too) and they've automatically put down that I'm single and don't want children.

I'm happily married with a wonderful daughter.

Cancelled the membership.

I've set up an account with nowhereradio and macjams. Go from there. Setting up a private website, too. I'm going to be patient.

Archived