selling my song on iTunes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

hey I know this is old and outdated but for those newbies such as myself that didn't know how to get my songs on itunes, I was able to find a cool video that went over every step.

now I just have to put my butt into gear and get going.

I thought this is something you would like to see too

www.how-to-sell-music-on-itunes.com

Ricky

Um, seriously? This is a joke, and I'm sorry you wasted time with it.

Getting you music on ITMS is easy: TuneCore, CDBaby, or any number of digital distributors cropping up will do it for little or nothing.

Getting a feature on iTunes? That's an editorial decision made by the staff at iTunes. The artwork images of albums on the home page are made by the people at iTunes. iTunes receives dozens of CDs per week that they have to wade through to pick out the releases that will score "art" and therefore score a feature on iTunes.

Suffice to say that if you don't have a direct deal with iTunes for music retail, or a really hot album that will definitely get featured, then you need a third party to represent your interests to the iTunes staff. This could be a label, a distributor, a PR agent, but ideally someone with a close relationship with the people at iTunes. Luckily, you can't buy features online the way that you had to pay thousands of dollars for a physical retail end cap - and I hope that it stays that way!

--

Mike

www.elativemarketing.com

"How To Ruin Your Album"

http://beta.flowgram.com/f/p.html#LJXHBGZ531DKBI

• 1 month later...

Archived