My wife thinks I'm retarded....but look at this pedalboard case!!!

johndanielsband

• Members

I have had a basic pedal board setup just for home recording for a while and decided it was time to lump both boards together into one "good" board for gigging.  I wanted to start by finding a cool case...so I stopped on my way home from work at the ARC Thrift Shop a few blocks from home...went down twoards the luggage aisle, and away from the rest, out in the middle of the aisle (as if someone had set it aside) for $1.99 was this bitchin' old suitcase!!!  I'm so stoked!  I went for that mother like Jim Carrey went for Mary's briefcase in the airport....

case1.jpgcase2.jpgcase3.jpgCase4.jpg

• Members

I've done many such projects. The lid is the best option for mounting the board to the lid, unless this is just a case to carry the board around in.

If you install some removable hinges so the top will come off when its opened. Then mount the board to the lid, the lid shouldnt have a lip thats too high for the board to mount in it. I've used velcro strips to mount the board to the lid and you're good to go. If you want to get fancy you should be able to make the board hollow and have your power supplys below the board, out of the way. You could hinge the board for access to the power supplies below, but that would require additional drilling screws in.

You just have to determine if the lid will lay flat on the floor when pressing the pedals down. That one looks like its curved or padded and may move around with a board mounted to it, so a removable board may be your best option.

Archived