Gretsch Wild West limited issues

Treborklow

• Members

I saw one of the four limited edition Gretsch Wild West guitars at Sam Ash today. It comes in a nifty window art box. Colorful art boxes seem to be the newest thing with cheap guitars.

Anyway, they didn't have one to play but I can tell you it looked cool. I think I might have to get one just to hang on the wall as art. They look like the old colorful cowboy guitars of old. I undertand there are four designs and they sell for around $150 each. The looked to be about the size and similar quality as the Martin Felix The Cat model... which I guess is Martin's smaller travel size. In any case it looked like a fun guitar to sit and noodle on.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've been curious about these since they came out. Has anyone had a chance to actually play one yet?

I finially got to try one at GC today. I was nice looking (graphic-wise), but cheap looking and feeling at the same time. It felt like a cheap Daisy Rock acoustic or something like that. Really cheapo tuners that probably don't keep good tuning. I didn't spend much time with it as the novelty wore off in seconds. Tone-wise, it sounded like the lowest quality small acoustic that you can find.

I love the way these look, but it's a wall decoration first and an occasional player second.

Archived