Decided to part with a few of the babies...

• Members

It's a sad day, but one I knew was coming. My theory about buying multiple guitars is you just haven't found the right one. Well, that's what my guitar guy said at the local shop, but then again, he does work on commission.

So yesterday, I decided that I would sell 3 guitars that NEVER get played. I can't be the only one who pulls a guitar out just to say that I played it in the last 12 months. Well, the plan is to build 5 more, but it still seems wrong to get rid of some since they are all a little different, all nice in their own way, the money is spent and I can't get it back.

And I said just a month ago I would never get rid of another one....

• Members

It is the age-old struggle between want and need. We often convince ourselves that we need what we really only want. The problem is that desire is endless and often is only a shadow of a deeper longing. You can't get everything you want. And if you tried, you would find that you wasted your life pursuing things that in the end were only representations of what you never really got.

• Members

It is the age-old struggle between want and need. We often convince ourselves that we need what we really only want. The problem is that desire is endless and often is only a shadow of a deeper longing. You can't get everything you want. And if you tried, you would find that you wasted your life pursuing things that in the end were only representations of what you never really got.

Very well stated. Now, if only I can remember at the right moment...

• Members

dude, that's very insightful. as the rolling stones said, you can't always get what want, but if you try sometime, you get what you need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm down to one with one on order. Last year at this time I had 7. I had a bout with buying them for the sake of having them despite the fact that I'm a player and not a collector. Over the years I've gone through more than I can remember but that was part of the learning curve. So, I sold/gave them away and have narrowed my focus to playing only. I will have one cedar and one spruce top, both concerts, for quite a while.

• Members

It's a sad day, but one I knew was coming. My theory about buying multiple guitars is you just haven't found the right one. Well, that's what my guitar guy said at the local shop, but then again, he does work on commission.

So yesterday, I decided that I would sell 3 guitars that NEVER get played. I can't be the only one who pulls a guitar out just to say that I played it in the last 12 months. Well, the plan is to build 5 more, but it still seems wrong to get rid of some since they are all a little different, all nice in their own way, the money is spent and I can't get it back.

And I said just a month ago I would never get rid of another one....

You may regret this. I did. I trimmed the fat in the late 70s' Got rid of an old Les Paul Jr, Jazzmaster, 335, and an SG. These were all 60s' guitars that weren't getting played. I wish I had them to play now but can't afford to replace them.

Be careful you don't do something stupid like I did. These old guitars weren't that expensive in the day. At least not like today.:wave:

• Members

So,

Which of the three from the list are going?

Hey Lobo - been a long time....we decided on the 3 that never get played, the A&L, the G series tak and the Guild. They'll be hard to sell because I'm never home to place an ad!

The only one I'd second guess would be the Guild - good shape for a 1993, I paid a good price, but I just don't care for the sound.

Springers Rock!

Archived