it's not fair for Seagull to give this much GAS for $330

EvilTwin

• Members

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/SERMJ.htm

(Or: http://www.seagullguitars.com/productentouragerusticmj.htm)

I already own a Seagull Folk, but I'll be damned if this isn't one fine lookin' guitar. I'll be heading to a music shop in Westminster, MD this week to see if they have one in stock. I'm starting to think a mini-jumbo may satisfy my "one guitar for every style" jones.

• Members

Definitely sweet looking...except for that headstock. I've never liked the Seagull headstock, though I understand how functional it is (for me, the Blueridge headstock is a work of art in comparison, warts and all).

• Members

I played the dreadnought version a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. This one had electronics, which I didn't feel like paying for, and I'm looking for something other than a dreadnought, anyway, so I wasn't particularly tempted. But it sounded really good.

• Members

Definitely sweet looking...except for that headstock. I've never liked the Seagull headstock, though I understand how functional it is (for me, the Blueridge headstock is a work of art in comparison, warts and all).

I don't like it either, but I can live with it--BUT--I cannot handel that raised rubber rosette--I hate it! It's a shame too because I played a Seagull jumbo a while back that I liked a lot, but the rosette killed the deal for me.

• Members

Interesting. When I was looing, I liked a Seagull. hated the headstock. But I bought the guitar. Once I understood the headstock, I started to like it. I associated it with quality and clever design. Now I really like it. Go figure.

But I still hate he Blueridge headstock.

• Members

Interesting. When I was looing, I liked a Seagull. hated the headstock. But I bought the guitar. Once I understood the headstock, I started to like it. I associated it with quality and clever design. Now I really like it. Go figure.

But I still hate he Blueridge headstock.

I was the opposite. I bought an S6 about 10 years ago, and the more I looked at the headstock, the more I hated it. To me it just makes the guitar look really unbalanced or something; I guess it's some kind of symmetry thing.

• Members

I don't mind the headstock, but subconsciously I guess I go for extremes -- my main guitars are my 'Gull (triangle headstock), a Cordoba gypsy jazz box (also a triangle headstock, which is where Godin probably got the idea from), and a Guild GAD-25 (with a big honkin' headstock). :D

I had reservations at first about my S6+Folk, but the longer I've had it, the less I've cared about the little headstock.

• Members

I just bought a used Seagull S6+ last week, but was looking at the entourage series prior to my purchase. I didn't like the rosette either, but read in another forum somewhere (can't remember where) that someone had bought an entourage and removed the rosette sticker without a problem.

With regard to the headstock, I like how it gives the guitar a distinctive look.

• Members

I'm a relative beginner. I own a Seagull S6 Cedar Gt and a cheap yamaha. The Seagull sounds so good I don't want to put it down. I can't get over just how sensitive it is compared to the yamaha. I can hold it buy the neck and gently place my fingertips on the back of the body; when someone across the room speaks in a normal tone, you can feel the vibration. Not so with the yamaha. Headstock? I like it just the way it is, tiny tuners and all. Oh, yeah, it smells good too, LOL

Archived